Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news, CPUs to Get Cheaper on Monday

copied from xbit labs:

The upcoming Monday, October 29, should become the "CPU Price Drop Day". Both leading CPU manufacturers, AMD and Intel, planned their next significant price drop for this particular date. It will have to do with the eldest desktop processor models.
    This way, Pentium 4 2GHz will get 29% cheaper, Pentium 4 1.9GHz will lose about 27% of its today’s cost, and Pentium 4 1.8GHz will drop down by 12%. AMD will definitely strike back and will reduce the official prices for its Athlon XP family. It means that Athlon XP 1800+ will get 16% cheaper, Athlon XP 1700+ - 20% cheaper, Athlon XP 1600+ will cost 22% less than it does now and Athlon XP 1500+ - 12% less.
    It is a really pleasing fact that the competition between the processor giants pushes them towards price wars like that, because we, the customers, are the ones who win no matter what the outcome for either party is.
    Well, looking forward to Monday now...

TdB

this usually means that something new is about to be released
    This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

DARN IT!!!!!!

I wish stuff would just stop moving for about 3 seconds! I am like a guy standing next to a moving train trying to find a spot to hop on.

I was going to get a Thunderbird but the Palominos (XP) were on the horizon so I waited. I was about to get a motherboard and nForce hit the scene. I am waiting to see if they are any good. Now there there may be something else comming up?

I have the money to get the good stuff but I can never decide when the time is right.

When will it all settle down, for crying out loud?

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

I't Won't!!!!!

The whoke damn industry is caught in a uppward spin, and out of controll!!
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

As long as theres another price cut before Xmas. Or do I go for a 17 inch LCD screen instead?
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
          X