XP and G400 MAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP and G400 MAX

I know XP only comes out in 2 days etc...

But has anyone seen this in CS?

UT works fine for me but as soon as smoke greandes go off i had lovely pink stuf everywhere?

I think i might just have to wait for The Certified drivers though...
    Attached Files

Haha! This brings back memories. I haven't seen this since the 5.xx series of drivers on Win9x.

It's a driver issue, but this is the first time I've heard of it on XP. Wait and see what new drivers bring.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

are matrox going to release XP drivers? IT IS OUT and they said when its out we will

Comment

Tapek, When it's out in the retail channel for sale to the average peep.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

dunno where u live but it IS available commercially here in australia

has been for a good week or so

Comment

Can YOU not read?!

Retail channel... M$ hasn't release XP to the general public and it won't be until Oct 26th official release date.

Doh!

BTW to see where I live just look...
            <-----<
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

so u saying even though it is available to the general public we gotta wait exactly 2 days to get support??

they shoulda been workin on drivers since beta xps

Comment

so u saying even though it is available to the general public we gotta wait exactly 2 days to get support??
                No, it's not available to the general public. The Official release date for XP in the RETAIL channel is on Oct 26 per M$... ie on the shelves EVERYWHERE! and that won't happen for another two days. Matrox since it's inception has never supported any OS until that time.

they shoulda been workin on drivers since beta xps
                They have been. Matrox doesn't release any driver until they feel like it and this has been the way they have done their business like FOREVER! Geez

BTW they do have XP drivers, but for other cards. Additionally Matrox was the first Gcard manufacture to have any XP drivers out.

Comment

ms australia must be different cause it is on shelves everywhere here

and i remember when 2k was going through beta stages and final code (although not retail) had just come out they had beta 2k drivers that were absolutely brilliant

Comment

I could care less if it's everywhere there.

That's besides the point... read above verbatum, if that doesn't work (again) then find a big rock and headbutt it a few times... once the stars fade reread, maybe then you'll listen to fact.

Two more days.

Blasted mini's!

Comment

ok i will come back in 2 days saying they aint out yet

Comment

grrrr!

Stop giving Australia a bad name. Just take a breath, remember that you're ver new here and find out that Greebe has been around a long time. Look at how mnay posts he has etc.
                        He's helped me out on many occasions. Harvey Norman are asswhipes, they've been passing it around etc. for a while now. I have been eagerly watching http://www.windowsxp.com (redirection) for some time now, 1 day 9 hours at time of writing... at least we had native support for once.

CS is fine for me, it seriously is, I get terrible FPS, but I get great FPS in Red Faction, Unreal Tournament and Quake 3. (not so good in Wolf 3D, might be a mod thing (?)) the only problems I've had so far are... actually, I've only had one, and that's probably to do with my engine at 171 and my memory at 228. Basically sometimes when I go into CS my graphics die, then I have to restart and handy XP lets me know the reason I crashed was because of driver problems with my G400.

Besides, the G400 is... how old? Suprising it's still getting driver updates let alone being able to play Red Faction easily on it.
                        P3 500 @ 600
                        256MB PC133 RAM
                        64MB PC100 RAM
                        Primary: Gateway EV700 17"
                        Secondary: AcerView 54eL 15"
                        WinXP Professional Build 2600 (with Plus!, it's prettified!)
                        G400 MAX (@ 171, 228)
                        Monster Sound MX400
                        512/128 DSL from SMC EZ Card
                        Samsung 8X DVD-ROM
                        ASUS P3B-F
                        Logitech X1 Speakers
                        Logitech Cordless Mouse SE
                        Logitech Internet Keyboard
                        19.1G IBM 60GXP
                        8.4G Seagate
                        1.57G Fujitsu

Comment

what drivers do you recomend i use then for the next 1 day and a few hours?

Comment

btw i wasnt bagging anyone out cept matrox

Comment

Working...
                            X