Far Gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Far Gate

Does anyone own this game? Or even ever heard of it??
    I have repeatedly checked GameSpy for multi-player games, and have yet to see a single other person playing it.

It's an RTS 3-D space game, very similar to the Homeworld series.
    It even supports EMBM.

I got a free copy for beta testing it on my G400, and it has been on the market for a few months now, but seems to have made little to no impact on the gaming scene.

A playable demo is available.

If anyone has the game, and is interested in trying it out in multi-player, let me know, since apparently nobody else on the planet seems to be playing it...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

You got your copy?!

I participated in the beta-testing too, and the last I heard was that they were going to be delayed shipping out the copies to testers, and then nothing..

Of course, if I ever recieve my copy, I'll try to join ya, just to see how the final looks.
    "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
    Gainward Ti4600
    AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

I also got the message that our copies where going to be delayed. Then several weeks later, I got an e-mail to confirm my mailing address, then a couple weeks after that (about 2 weeks ago) I got my copy.
      I have not played it much yet...just the first couple single player missions...but it pretty much looks the same as the later betas.
      Seems like an OK game. Not as good as Homeworld was, but still playable.
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks for posting the heads up in here, Kruzin. I'm in the military, and got restationed around June, and lost my previous ISP (@Home). That's probably why I didn't get the other message.

Anyway, thanks to your post, I contacted James Thrush via e-mail about the situation. He replied asking for my new mailing address, and said he'd get a copy right out.

Thanks again, Kruzin!
        "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
        Gainward Ti4600
        AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Working...
        X