Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G550, P4, Gateway E-series, Problems!

Hello all.

Posted this querie over at the "other" forum, hoping to get a resolution.

Shawn is trying, but so far I've been hunting and pecking to no avail.

If any of you fellows have any input, I'd gladly hear it.

Thanks,
    Charles
    System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

Looks like Shawn is giving some good direction to your problem.

From what it looks like, PDesk isn't being installed when you install your drivers.

Do this: Uninstall the drivers using ADD/REMOVE Programs/Matrox Software Reboot and click cancel when windows picks up the video card. Install the 5.70 drivers off the cd using the Setup.exe , reboot. Once booted into windows goto ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS/Matrox Software and uninstall again and reboot. When Windows picks up your video card, once again click Cancel. Once in windows run the Setup.EXE for the NEW drivers and reboot. You should be good to go.

Rags

Comment

Sounds sorta Rubish, but I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the input...

Charles
      System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

Comment

Originally posted by moreau
        Sounds sorta Rubish, but I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the input...

Charles
        Of course. I would have no clue.

Rags

Comment

sorry, I should have wrote it as Rube-ish. As in Rube Goldberg.

I just noticed that it looked like a synonym for garbage the way I wrote it.

No offense meant...

Charles

Comment

Well, unfortunately, I cannot install 5.70 anymore, either.

5.70 and 5.71 both crash at the same point.

Even when 5.70 seemed to install properly, I got the strange display properties lockup.

Hmmm,

There is another guy posting to the forums over there that has the same mobo as me, D850GB from intel. He too is having strange symptoms with the dualhead stuff.

Wonder what is going on...

Charles

Comment

Working...
            X