Next Gen Matrox Graphics card soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Gen Matrox Graphics card soon?

As I have said on the Matrox Hardware forum, the matrox representatives at the smau said that no new product will be announced this winter, moreover these persons have said that matrox is focusing its efforts in the professional business market at this moment and no "anchor gamers" card will be releases. I do not understand as the beta testers or others can say that soon will be announced a new graphics card or something of revolutionary. I will publish the entire interview as soon as possible.

Ciao a tutti

Like we've said oh so many times before... they're not talking, period.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Amiga Blitter
      Now I'm confused.

regards MD
      Interests include:
      Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

What exactly is it that constitutes the "professional buisness market" and how exactly are they focussing on it?

There were big rumours from sources in the industry close to Matrox that something new would be announced by Matrox in August/September of this year, that obviously didn't happen so going by what's been posted elsewhere here recently one could assume that is related to job cuts or problems in hardware design. Despite the reassurances from Matrox PR posted over on HardOCP it certainly looks like the heat is on at Matrox and things are getting critical.

Comment

No kidding Ant. After reading the news on the main page here, this one line sticks out more than the rest of the M reply-

and when the economy takes a hit, I think keeping focused on your distinctive competencies is the most important
          To me, he's really saying that they're not too concerned right now with high-end (to put it in the words used at one point- gaming) cards right now, and are using the economy as an excuse.
          "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
          Gainward Ti4600
          AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Almost forgot to do this:

Welcome back to the land of the living Ant!
            "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
            Gainward Ti4600
            AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Matrox Interview

Hi Ant and everyone. In the Matrox stand at the SMAU the M rapresentatives answering patiently to my questions (very bad questions) . They have been a lot likeable and very professional.
              The impression I had is that matrox it is not interested to the " anchor gamers " market . Other things that have been said me were so far from the answers that I expected that nearly I cried. I hope to tell you more information when the interview will be well formatted and translated.

Matrox and Amiga? boooooooooooooh?

sorry but no crying smiles |,°°|

Comment

i hate to admit it but with matox's statement about focusing on their core bisiness user base during any economic downturn i think that we can kiss goodbye to any hopes of a high end gaming card any time soon(within the next year). my advice is go out and bye a radeon 8500 as i fear we may have seen the last of the big M in the gaming market and maybe totally. i mean even though there products are good for the bisiness user even they play games from time to time and with products like the very cheap radeon ve out there can matrox last for much longer without decent 3d acceleration?
                is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
                Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Re: Matrox Interview

Originally posted by Amiga Blitter

sorry but no crying smiles |,°°|
                  Now I am confused

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

I just find it so frustrating that any mention of a next gen card, or a high end card, or whatever you like to call it gets dismissed by them as a gaming solution and that's not their market. The original Millennium was a high end, professional card, it wasn't a gaming toy, sure the market was different back then but then they were at the forefront, they innovated and oozed quality both in the hardware and software. It's just sad to see what they've turned into, churning out repetitive, mediocre, out of date hardware. What they should do is take a walk across the road to the Matrox Video Products Group and get a refresher course on designing, manufacturing and supporting quality hardware, if the Video Products Group can continue to do it why not Graphics?

Comment

I don't know what to believe

My view of the famous G800Max? thread:
                      Citsport: G550 doesn't seem to give anything to gamers, so we are kind of asking if there will be something for us too.
                      Haig: Barring any unforseen complications, I would assume it is possible that perhaps you may have something coming.
                      Scuba: For the Kids to play with or a card for Professionals ?
                      Haig: Barring any unforseen complications, I would assume it is possible that perhaps all may have something coming
                      Citsport: Yes, I am too wondering if I should keep my G400 or not, because I am upgrading my system...
                      Haig: Yep, there is hope on the horizon that will meet your needs Although I can't give out any specifics, I can say it'll be worth the wait.
                      JimTran: Let's try this a different way - forget the dates, on a scale of one to ten, with ten being solid hope for a gaming card soon - pls numerically indicate what you see on the horizon...
                      Haig: You're really trying aren't you I won't single out any group because no one will be dissapointed. I do mean no one.
                      And now they've cancelled it all because the economy is a bit down? I'm getting pretty dissapointed here...

Comment

You guys just don't listen to the right sources
                        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Greebe,
                          Would you be kind enough to direct us with the "correct sources?"

Comment

whats that noise

Can you hear that noise?
                            It sounds like a train load of ex matrox users on their way over to ATI.

Comment

Hi,

@Damien: many of us would never buy an Ati card, I think. Even if they delivered _perfect_ drivers from now on, it would last months before people would trust them.

@Ant: I fully understand your point of view. It's sad to see Matrox decline... Sounds ridicolous, but it reminds me of old times when we were waiting for that brand new PC-killing Atari-Computer *) that never came. ;-)

I gave up waiting a few months ago and bought a Hercules KyroII and a Creative GF2 pro. But I always keep an eye on Matrox, I'll be back immediately when they release a good card.

cu,
                              kaasboer

*) "Ein Schiff wird kommen!"

Comment

Working...
                              X