SVCD settings for BBMPEG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SVCD settings for BBMPEG

I've created a SVCD with LSX 3.0, and one with BBMPEG using the SVCD profile, and the on I made with LSX looks noticibly better. The playback is smoother and the picture doesn't look blocky, virtually no artifacts. But with BBMPEG there are artifacts, and the playback isn't as smooth. I've experimented with the interlaced/field settings in BBMPEG, but ther are several different settings, and I'm not sure how they should be configured correctly for Matrox MJPEG field order b avi files. Also, can anyone please explain the difference between field order a and b? Which of the two scans the top field first and bottom field second?

FieldA scans the odd lines, FieldB the evens, so I guess the answer is that FieldA would be first.

Matrox MJPegs produced by the RainbowRunner Studio are FieldA.

Those produced with the Marvels or RR-G are FieldB.

My suggestion would be to convert the .avi's to your local standards field order and frame rate requirements.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by DrMordrid (edited 05 April 2000).]

Comment

Hmmmm....is that an echo I hear? ;-)

I'm virtually certain PICVideo defaults to whatever field order your card uses.

The test is simple:

If you can edit and play clips back through the hardware unchanged without flicker or other problems then PICVideo is likely compressing as FieldB, just like the Matrox codec.

If they do exhibit playback problems, then it's likely creating FieldA files.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by DrMordrid (edited 06 April 2000).]

Comment

Hi Doc,

about this FieldB thing (I have a Marvel G200). When I capture from YUY2 (using Picvideo as a codec), and set the header to "dmb1", I can play the file back using the Matrox codec. But will the field order be correct ?
        Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Comment

Hi Doc,

about this FieldB thing (I have a Marvel G200). When I capture from YUY2 (using Picvideo as a codec), and set the header to "dmb1", I can play the file back using the Matrox codec. But will the field order be correct ?
          Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Comment

Working...
          X