Stereo Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo Speakers

Anyone got suggestions for a nice set of Stereo Speakers for Home Theater? I'm looking to spend about $500 bucks and then work my way around for a center channel, rear speakers and a sub. I'm going to be driving them with a JVC RX-V8000 Receiver.

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Roll your own... visit www.zalytron.com

The Aria's are sweet
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

The HTD brand of speakers and whole-house audio systems have been sold direct to consumers along with free expert support since 1999.

Award-winning Home Theater Surround Sound Systems, made in Canada. Call us at 1-888-352-9466 to get free advice on the best home theater speakers for your home.

Both of those manufacturers have received good/great reviews.

Comment

Here's another source to consider... Dynaudio most likely the best dynamic speakers on the market today... of course made in the US
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Those dynaudio's are slightly out of a $500 price range for front home theater speakers, Greebe.

Comment

Greebe is right, DynAudio makes some really nice equipment. Evidence Loudspeakers are arguably the best out there - assuming you have $85,000 for 2 speakers. (PS. Aren't DynAudio Danish?)

Last edited by isochar; 22 October 2001, 23:56.

Comment

Originally posted by isochar
              (PS. Aren't DynAudio Danish?)
              Yes, they are.

Georg

Comment

Tweeter Ect. has some very nice Mirage speakers for around $699 or less when on sale:

or in cherry:

They also have Boston Acoustic VR950's for the same price:

jim
                System 1:
                AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                Epox 8K7A
                2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                SBLIVE 5.1
                Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                3Com Hardware Modem
                Teac 20/10/40 burner
                Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

My wrong, don't know what I was thinking at the time.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions Guys, One question though....is it ok to Mix brand speakers? Also Is there any web sites on how to make your own speakers?

Thanks

Scott
                    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Try this... http://www.diysubwoofers.org/audiolinks.htm

Comment

You absolutely do not want to mix brands... the different frequency responce/effeciency would mess up the entire experience.

Comment

Dynaudio sells some neat kits here in Denmark where you just have to screw in the units and solder up the crossover, saving around 40% on the price, perhaps something similar is available in the US ?
                          "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

I dunno if you can buy the kits here in the US... guess we need to find that out

On the flipside (extreme left field of speaker design)

try this... http://www.t-linespeakers.org/

Comment

For $500 I would recommend a set of Phase Technology speakers. For the price they are the best speakers I can think of.

You should be able to find a pair of Teatro 7.5 VDT's for around $500 online. You could definately pick up a pair of Teatro 6.5's and some floor stands for under $500, and they sound very good, too. Just not as full as the cabinet 7.5's.

Jammrock
                              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                              X