Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to the Dan Woods marketing Disaster Thread??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the Dan Woods marketing Disaster Thread??

What happened to that VERY informative thread on Dan Wood's Greatest Marketing Disasters.

It was just starting to get interesting..... about the over Marketechted G550 and the stupid headcasting feature which no one wants to use.

dj
    My Packurd bell 166Megahurtz runnin at 233 on a ABIT ITH5 muther board,
    128MB EDO ECC RAM and a hole bunch of other cool stuff.

It was later renamed to "Matrox' greatest hits and misses" and now it appears to have vanished completely...

Comment

Hmm... It's interesting...

Comment

Don't look at me...I didn't touch it
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

It may be another case of the MURC site gremlins. My "Con-fused" thread in the GHWSW forum suddenly disappeared last week too.
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

*POOF*

<>
            System 1:
            AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
            Epox 8K7A
            2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
            an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
            SBLIVE 5.1
            Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
            IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
            Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
            3Com Hardware Modem
            Teac 20/10/40 burner
            Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Damnit

I wanted to re-read it, too... I wonder if my total number of posts went down now that it's missing...
                ECS K7S5A Pro, Athlon XP 2100+, 512 Megs PC-3200 CAS2.5, HIS Radeon 9550/VIVO 256Meg DDR

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe C Mobile Athlon 2500+ @ 2.2GHz, 1GB PC-3200 CAS2.5, Hauppauge MCE 150, Nvidia 6600 256DDR

Asus A8R32 MVP, Sempron 1600+ @ 2.23GHz, 1 Gig DDR2 RAM, ATI 1900GT

Comment

To Ant, Kruzin, B-Boys or whom ever:

Could you at least make a statement who deleted which thread respectively posting and why ?

MK
                  Last edited by MK; 24 October 2001, 07:55.
                  <font size="1">
                  Celeron II 700 @ 1,1 GHz
                  ASUS CUSL2-C, Bios 1009 final
                  Alpha 6035MFC, 60 -> 80mm adapter
                  2 x 80mm Papst Cooler 19/12dB
                  256 MB PC133 Crucial 7E (CAS2)
                  Maxtor Diamond MAX VL40
                  ATI Radeon 8500 64MB @ Catalyst 3.0
                  Hauppauge WinTV TV-Card
                  Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400
                  Plustek Optic Pro U12B
                  HP Deskjet 959C
                  Plantronics LS1 Headset
                  all on W2k Professional SP2
                  </font>

Comment

The originator of the thread deleted it himself... for reasons only known to him...
                    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
                      The originator of the thread deleted it himself... for reasons only known to him...
                      For those of you who like speculating or are into conspiracy theories this thread is a fine starting point. Lets have your say..

regards MD

edit....whoopee. I'm now a Murc 300er
                      Interests include:
                      Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

The only threads that get deleted by myself or a moderator are those that break the "rules" i.e. are major flame fests or contain flame bait or other forms of abuse. There is no frequent deleteing of any threads by myself or moderators, the last threads that were deleted were one or two of those immediately after Sept 11th that got way out of hand. Other than what I've just stated any threads that get deleted are done so by the originator of that thread who has that option. I would take the time to find out actually what happened if a thread disappears before screaming at me or the moderators for being rampent censors!

MK I object to your attitude toward me and the mods over this, you have been around here long enough to know how things work and the fact that I strive to maintain these forums as neutral ground allowing (adult) discussion from either side of the fence. I personally had no objections to the information contained in that thread (as it seemed to be based on sound evidence) apart from the specific use of a persons name which I asked the originator to remove as he/she/they did.

Comment

Hello Ant,

first I want to thank you for replying and clarifying the situation. The deletion of the "Dan Wood`s Greatest Marketing Disasters" thread made me remember the "It`s here!" thread started by Greebe in the Matrox-Hardware forum at the end of June / July. When I was asking back then about why it got deleted, my own thread with the question got deleted too. Later we had an e-mail conversation about that, in which you explained the circumstances and everything was o.k. .

Yesterday evening I must have been a little bit quick tempered again, because I could not imagine why Peter Aragon (if I remember the poster`s name correctly) should write such an excellent and informative statement just to delete it a few hours later. My initial thought was: Unbelievable, there is somebody who dislikes the statements about Dan Wood and it just gets deleted!

And as I am a democratic person who dislikes cencorship (or even filtering of information) very much and favors the freedom of speech, I thought I have to stand up and do something against that. Unfortunately it seems I was wrong, because the poster deleted the whole thread by himself.

As my intention was not to offend you or anybody else, I do apologize and will change my first post into the appropriate language.

Michael
                          <font size="1">
                          Celeron II 700 @ 1,1 GHz
                          ASUS CUSL2-C, Bios 1009 final
                          Alpha 6035MFC, 60 -> 80mm adapter
                          2 x 80mm Papst Cooler 19/12dB
                          256 MB PC133 Crucial 7E (CAS2)
                          Maxtor Diamond MAX VL40
                          ATI Radeon 8500 64MB @ Catalyst 3.0
                          Hauppauge WinTV TV-Card
                          Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400
                          Plustek Optic Pro U12B
                          HP Deskjet 959C
                          Plantronics LS1 Headset
                          all on W2k Professional SP2
                          </font>

Comment

I too was extrememly disappointed to see the thread disappear, for what looked initially to be just a gushing of vitriol seem to be quite well established in fact and it provked some good discussion. Shame on he/she/it that deleted it

Comment

Dan probably asked him to delete it in exchange for a peek at some new driver that might possibly contain info related to a non-existant graphics card that may someday come out when the moon is full and tide is right while eating blueberries in a park north of some place that may or may not exist as well.

I would have deleted it too

Dave
                              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
                              X