Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matrox G400 Millenium and Iwill KK266-PlusR??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox G400 Millenium and Iwill KK266-PlusR??

I want to buy a new board for my system.

I've heard the Iwill KK266-Plus R board is great for system stability.

Does anyone have any experience running a Matrox G400 Dual head Millenium on this board??

Thanks.

i am using a Matrox G400MAX on an IWill KK266-R right now, and the stability of the system is absolutely impressive. I have it running under XP right now, using the 5.71 video drivers and the built in VIA drivers. Under 2000 the latest 4in1's and the 5.71's worked fine as well (from what i remember, they have not touched the AGP driver for 2000 for a couple revisions of the 4 in 1's so it should still work with the latest version. i tested it with the 4.32's last). I can't remember the last time i had a bluescreen on this system, and performance is excellent, with the one exception of gaming at high resolutions or in newer games. i suppose that is what i get for having a G400 in my box right now, but i can't bring myself to find another video card and games are not that important.
    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Matrox G400 and Iwill KK266Plus-R

Dghost:

Thanks for your reply. Do you recommend installing the Matrox drivers or VIA 4-in-1 drivers in a particular order?

Thanks.

Comment

i have always heard it recommended to do the 4in1's then video drivers, and that is the way i always do it, but personally i have never noticed a difference.
        Honestly, i'm not too sure if there is an offical answer.
        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Hehhe, thanx greebe... thats how i thought it was, but its good to get an official answer

Comment

Working...
            X