Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget anthrax.. Here's what worries me

WARNING: not for the faint of heart..

Governments around the world have been warned to prepare against a terrorist smallpox attack which could kill millions.

Even us old people who were vaccinated might not be safe..

I told you all what we should be doing to prevent this.. but it is apparent that liberalism and political correctness matter more than millions of lives.. any appearance of racism is infinitely worse than mass murder.. Better that we should be dead and politically correct than show an ounce of good sense.. Bah..

I was told the other day that if a person infected with small pox walked through a mall. Within a few days 3 million people would be dead. I'm not sure, I'll get the facts on that. but ya. very scary

That's why I'm moving to a deserted tropical island
    www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

The reason they didnt destroy Smallpox was because it exhibits so many ways to attack a humans bodily defense systems. They believed that once they learned how to kill smallox they could kill any other disease. If this stuff has been sold by such small minded people then they have a lot to answer for.

regards MD
      Interests include:
      Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

That's okay KvH, your "solution" wouldn't have worked anyway. And you have yet to show good sense in the matter.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

And I suppose Wombat has good sense just because he says so..

Just as a diseased sacred cow in an Indian villiage might infect and kill every villiager because it is unthinkable for them to just kill the damn thing, our blind allegiance to political correctness is beyond dangerous. It is downright ignorant and suicidal. Think objectively, with your mind rather than your gut feelings for a moment. What would be the logical thing to do to prevent further attacks here at home by those entrenched terrorists living right here under our noses? Look at the facts:

Fact: The hijackers were all Arabs. No, I'm not being a bigot, you judgemental kneejerk gut-feeling "thinkers," See for yourselves.

Fact: Only TWO of these nineteen men were known to authorities before Sept. 11 (and many were here legally), so 89.5% of these terrorists would have passed any background checks had they been given. This easily allows us to infer that the vast majority of sleeper terrorists among us are indistinguishable from ordinary Arab immigrants.

Fact: The anthrax letters mailed to NBC and Senator Daschle were both mailed from the same Arab-American suburb of Trenton, NJ.

All these facts do is prove my point. Deporting any Arab who is not a citizen and refusing entry into the US to any Arab would put a severe dent into the radical Islamic terrorist network in this country. We don't know who 90% of them are, but we do know that they are almost exclusively Arabs. Politically incorrect? Sure. Racial profiling? Yes. Unfair? Maybe, but who gives a rat's ass? It's less fair to allow little children to get anthrax and be nuked in their beds. The more terrorist acts that are committed by Arabs unknown in this country, the more my "solution" would have been effective in stopping it.

Don't worry, Wombat, we aren't about to start making sense now. Political correctness is still more important to Americans than the lives of their own children. Case in point: In another thread here, Viking relates the story of a fellow Norwegian who was studying biochemistry here.. that is until "all foreigners" with any access to biohazardous material were told to leave. At the same time, 14 Syrians were allowed to come into this country a week ago to go to flight school (!!!) because a background check revealed no criminal records. Guess what, boys and girls.. Osama Bin Laden doesn't have a criminal record either! So, in our stupidity born of political correctness, we refuse to acknowledge that the chances of a Christian Norwegian being an Radical Islamic terrorist are pretty much zero, while in our ardent desire to be fair we allow 14 Arab citizens of a country that supports terrorism to come here and learn to fly a month after September 11th. Are we not the stupidest people on Earth?
          Last edited by KvHagedorn; 22 October 2001, 02:22.

Comment

Yes, yes we are.

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

That's why I'm moving to a deserted tropical island

hmm, I think I'll join Lizzard[MPE] on that deserted tropical island!

Comment

hey... maybe all the hijackers were wearing shoes of the same brand.... if so, it's very obvious that all people wearing those shoes should be deported ASAP.

Comment

Ok, so what about arab citizens of the US? How long does it take to gain an American passport? We know that this (or something similar to this) was planned in the last 5 years, maybe longer. So maybe some Arab who is an American citizen is a sleeper. It would be necesarry (and the logical thing to do) to deport ALL Arabs.

But what about some other extremist groups? Say Neo Nazis, maybe Columbians or N.Irish or whatever ... How are you gonna know who is a potential threat, if 90% of them dont have criminal records?

Face it KvH, your solution is not really a solution at this stage. If it starts, it must not stop if it is to be the complete long term solution. Or are you gonna wait for a similar terrorist act is commited by some fraction of the IRA before you propose deporting all irish from the US? So the only thing which can be done if your solution is to be accepted is deport all American citizens (and illegal immigrants) who have not been living in USA for a long period of time, say 20 years, and are deemed as no threat to US security ... of course you can probably exclude some people from this list, maybe Norwegians, Swedes, Danes, French etc ...

But the list would still include lots of nations, not arabs only ... How about Nigerians, Indonesians, Basques etc ...

I didnt approach this message from the liberal weak kneed politically correct point of view, which is another subject, but rather how this plan of yours is to be implemented and how it is supposed to work if it was accepted ...
                  Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

I say we go ahead and nuke Baghdad and elimate the problem there and then ask who's next.

Hey KvH, like I said before something of this magnitude will have to happen before some of the right people wake up to the real threat.

Joel
                    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

I say we go ahead and nuke Baghdad and elimate the problem there and then ask who's next.
                      And the next day you´d have 2-3 "home-made" nukes exploding on the USA. I read something about a illegal plutonium aprehension in the USA last week if I remember correctly. For one they caught, how many do you think that have already passed without anyone noticing it? Now that got me really scared.

Comment

Grow up kids.
                        What KvH is suggesting would cost the terrorists:
                        1, The price of a forged passport from Greece or somewhere in Africa, or one of the former Soviet republics, or Mexico, etc, depending on the color of the terrorist.
                        2, Berlitz language classes.
                        3, One airline ticket extra to do what they were going to do anyway.

Cost to the US?
                        1, Cross out the inscription on the Statue of Liberty.
                        2, Parts of the constitution.
                        3, Long term racial ill-will.

We would gain nothing except complacency because we had found a "Final Solution" to the problem.

This is the time to be thoughtfull & smart not impulsive & stupid.

The idea is to win, not to look tough.
                        chuck
                        Chuck
                        秋音的爸爸

Comment

And the next day you´d have 2-3 "home-made" nukes exploding on the USA.
                          And who's to say they were not planning to do that anyway no matter what the USA does. Just look at your own post.

I read something about a illegal plutonium aprehension in the USA last week if I remember correctly.
                          We have to remember that these people hate, with a passion, anything that is non Arab. Their hatered is so deeply ingrained that they are willing to wait years before before commiting suicide to strike out. What can we do? Just be very vigilant and not get caught with our pants down again. (That's a pun toward Bill Clinton btw).

Joel
                          Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                          Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Originally posted by Joel
                            Just be very vigilant and not get caught with our pants down again.....
                            Exactly!
                            Lash out = Bad.
                            Work to solve problem = Good.

It's not romantic or exciting, but it's the truth.

chuck
                            Chuck
                            秋音的爸爸

Comment

What makes you think all Arabs get along? Kuwaitis don't care for Iraqis very much. A large part of Afghanistan's problems are because of the tribal feuding. The three major tribes don't get along at all.

Will you let the Iranians stay? Iranians (who are Persian, and NOT Arab) tend to have an anti-Arab bias too.

Come to think of it, I don't know if Afghans are considered Arab or Persian.
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X