Matrox Interviewed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Interviewed

I will post the Matrox Interview as soon as possible.

I'm sorry. But no new products will be announced this winter. Maybe something in springs.

Be patience, i will post the complete interview soon in a comprensive language (i hope).

[U]

Certainly would like to know who was interviewed... at least that way we can raze them on the sideline! LOL
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Re: Matrox Interviewed

Originally posted by Amiga Blitter
      But no new products will be announced this winter. Maybe something in springs.
      I hate it, when they say "maybe" or "something"

So the Bitboys are the last hope, if they also won't release their mysterious Card before Xmas, then I'll have a look at ATI's 8500.

Sad story....
      Last edited by MetalCartman; 21 October 2001, 14:51.
      main system: P4 Northwood 2.0 @ 2.5GHz, Asus P4PE (LAN + Audio onboard), 512MB Infineon PC333 CL2.5, Sapphire/BBA Radeon 9500@9700 128MB (hardmodded), IBM 100GB ATA-100, 17" Belinea (crappy), and some other toys...ADSL (1,5mbit/s down, 256kbit/s up...sweeeeeet!)

Comment

Sad to say that I also will have to give up on waiting for Matrox as the AGP noise on the Max just won't allow my system to be stable anymore.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Xor, you mean your MB and other componets produce so much noise it causes problem for your Max.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by xortam
            Sad to say that I also will have to give up on waiting for Matrox as the AGP noise on the Max just won't allow my system to be stable anymore.
            Eh?

That doesn't make sense.

Rags

Comment

Re: Matrox Interviewed

Originally posted by Amiga Blitter
              I'm sorry. But no new products will be announced this winter. Maybe something in springs.

And there was me thinking that we might have something just around the corner
              Interests include:
              Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Well what I mean is the Max is more sensitive to the noise and a replacement will get me around that problem. The Herc KyroII only hung twice during a three week period. I could live with that. I expect I can find other better cards that will be at least as stable in my pushed system.
                Last edited by xortam; 21 October 2001, 16:43.
                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Well what I mean is the Max is more sensitive to the noise and a replacement will get me around that problem. The Herc KyroII only hung twice during a three week period. I could live with that. I expect I can find other better cards that will be at least as stable in my pushed system.
                  I still don't understand. If a system is hanging that much at all, it means you have other issues, and not video card issues. Why try to mask a problem instead of fixing it??

Rags

Comment

Here you go Rags. Enjoy the read.

Comment

Oh so what you've deduced is that even tho your MB was never intended to operate at these speeds and thus causing enough noise to cause instabilities regardless of what graphics card is installed, you're placing the blame on Matrox?!

Hmmm wonder what caps need to be replaced? Possibly the mains... the one that's connected to your brain possibly?

Sorry xortam, but I don't follow you here at all!

Comment

What's the problem? I've pushed the system beyond its specs and I found that the graphics card/drivers is what causes my system to lock up. I've been able to pretty much stabilize my system by replacing the Max with a Herc KyroII. I can run stable with the Max if I run it in VGA mode. I might be able to fix the problem by doing some rework on the MB but I've found a way to get around the problem by replacing the graphics card. I know I'm not solving the problem but I am able to pretty much get around it.

Comment

Sorry xortam, but I fail to see your logic still.

You have a system that is being overstressed from overclocking. The Graphics card puting the last amount in a very weak and rusty chain causing the system to go down with a crash is not indicative of an intolerant video card. Rather it's telling you your system is not running well. If the video card is having issues, what makes you think your PCI devices or other things on the bus like it either? Data corruption and semi frequent lockups would be enough for me to get a new motherboard rather than a new video card. Pick up a CUSL2-C. I should solve the issue and give you headroom if you ever do think of overclocking the processor. Time to dump the P2B, I would say.

Rags

Comment

Help, this thread's been hijacked!

Look ... my system was running fine with the original P!!!/450 and later with a P!!!/850 (note the 850 is also above ASUS specs for this MB). I've had to run my Max at 1x AGP pretty much since the beginning, two years ago: that's a sign that something's not quite up to snuff. I tried to help my friend out by giving him my FC-PGA 850 because he couldn't get the Slot 1 Gigger to work in his P2B-LS. I was able to get the Gigger to work in my machine but I eventually ran into occasional hangs. The system isn't overclocked per se: the FSB is 100 MHz but the processor speed is above the ASUS recommendation of 600 MHz. The system is right on the edge with this processor but it will run pretty much stable with a Herc KyroII and probably other graphics cards as well. I've not experienced any other problems with the system in all that time. I plan on replacing the entire system sometime next year after the market settles out a bit. I utilize the on-board SCSI of this MB so its worth it to me to hang onto it in the meantime. Replacing the Max with a faster DH card is a good way to extend my investment in the current system and get better 3D performance as well.

I think you guys are taking this all too personally. I've really enjoyed my Max but its starting to hold me back in my current configuration. I could return the processor to my friend but he'd be stuck trying to sell it and I would land up with a slower system.

Comment

Help, this thread's been hijacked!

Look ... my system was running fine with the original P!!!/450 and later with a P!!!/850 (note the 850 is also above ASUS specs for this MB). I've had to run my Max at 1x AGP pretty much since the beginning, two years ago: that's a sign that something's not quite up to snuff. I tried to help my friend out by giving him my FC-PGA 850 because he couldn't get the Slot 1 Gigger to work in his P2B-LS. I was able to get the Gigger to work in my machine but I eventually ran into occasional hangs. The system isn't overclocked per se: the FSB is 100 MHz but the processor speed is above the ASUS recommendation of 600 MHz. The system is right on the edge with this processor but it will run pretty much stable with a Herc KyroII and probably other graphics cards as well. I've not experienced any other problems with the system in all that time. I plan on replacing the entire system sometime next year after the market settles out a bit. I utilize the on-board SCSI of this MB so its worth it to me to hang onto it in the meantime. Replacing the Max with a faster DH card is a good way to extend my investment in the current system and get better 3D performance as well.

I think you guys are taking this all too personally. I've really enjoyed my Max but its starting to hold me back in my current configuration. I could return the processor to my friend but he'd be stuck trying to sell it and I would land up with a slower system.
                              xortam. Listen to what you are saying. I don't take anything on a forum personally, btw.

"Pretty much stable" "only recommended to 600Mhz". Get a motherboard that supports your processor. I understand wanting to get the most out of your hardware, but I think you are going too far. I am not a happy person if I have the slightest instability with my systems. In all this time I have had three G400's, a G450, a G200, and now a G550 in my systems. They have always defaulted to the maximum AGP speed my motherboard supported when I ran my system within spec. It's obvious you are only masking the true problem when puting a Kyro in, as it still appears, but less frequent. Take it as a clue. Either run your system in spec or get a new motherboard that will handle your new hardware. It should be a simple decision, but you are making it more than it is. For less than a hundred bucks, you can pick up a used P3B, a new CUSL2-C, or other board that will do the trick. Why spend 200 bucks on a video card first when it's obvious that your motherboard is the underlying cause of the headaches?

Rags

Comment

Working...
                              X