• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Matrox Video Card next year?

Talking about the G800MAX Haig wrote:

Haig
    posted October 19, 2001 03:19 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm pretty confident that we'll release something in 2002. Can't say more than that
    ------------------
    Haig
    Matrox Graphics
    Technical Support Manager

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    Last edited by Lukappaseidue; 21 October 2001, 14:26.

Just that "in 2002" is a bit vague. Of course they will release something in 2002, otherwise they'd not have a new product for 1 1/2 years and most probably would go bust.
    But we named the *dog* Indiana...
    My System
    2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
    German ATI-forum

Comment

Yes, of course they'll have to release the G550 multi-monitor (now up to 4 x more talking heads)
      And the post that Haig replied to included the text
      I really hope you guys will release such a card in 2002, please say "aie" if its true
      so Haig kinda took the year from there, I suppose.

Am I the only one who thinks that this might be more of a case for the Crystal Ball ?
      Last edited by Tempest; 21 October 2001, 12:58.

Comment

remeber that all Haig said, was said in a post talking about G800MAX, and this had to be an hope.

Comment

Relocated to our speculation forum, The Crystal Ball
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

A hope, yes, IF it was in the beginning of 2002, but merely saying there will be a new product SOMETIME in 2002 (not nearer specified) just sounds like telling the obvious to me...
            But we named the *dog* Indiana...
            My System
            2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
            German ATI-forum

Comment

Why moved?

Comment

Because the Matrox Hardware forum is for issues with existing Matrox products, and the Crystal Ball forum is for speculations on future products.
                Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

why not just rename the 400 Max to G650 with a various coloured heat sink on it for next year.. It would be an improvement on the G550.. I've heard..

Seriously is it true that the G550 isn't that fast, I've not been keeping up with the forum recently (dam how i have sinned) because I went for a kryo2 just to keep my gaming skills focused .. or not as the case maybe.. I notice a great reduction in 2d quality with the powervr card and i am despirately waiting for the next evolved Matrox. If they decide to stick to Business solutions it's a great pitty.. They don't need to release the fastest of 3d cards just something that can play the latest games with a little ease (is that too much to ask) and with the 2d Q and Duel head of the G4 Max it would be a buy for me..

Best Regards,
                  Ath SOC1 1.2gz,G200(dam), Asus a7V133, sonic fury, Maxtor+ 40 30GB, 384Mb(133), win2ksp2 <-&->Vaio Z600 P3 700, 192mb, Ati rage, 15gb

Comment

Working...
                  X