Large filesize captures with NTFS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large filesize captures with NTFS?

I recently upgraded and have my RAID-0 capture drives formatted to NTFS. I understand that filesizes are not as restricted like they are under FAT32.

How do I set up AVI_IO to accomodate one large file? Under File/Capture Settings, the maximum filesize is 4096. Is it possible to set the file size to be much larger?

thanks, terry
    WinXP Pro/Win2K Pro
    Pentium 4 1.7 Abit TH7II-RAID
    HD (boot): Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 60GB
    HD (RAID-0): WD WD400BB 80GB (2x40GB)
    Kingston 256MB 800MHZ RDRAM
    ATI Radeon 8500 128MB
    Hauppauge Wintv #401
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

AVI_IO is a Video for Windows based program and limited in how large a file it can produce. Perhaps when it gets DirectShow support.

In any case your RRG's MJPeg cannot do large file capture in NTFS because of codec restrictions.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 21 October 2001, 00:53.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

If you're capturing in HuffYUV, I'd recommend using VirtualDub for capturing. It can create capture files much larger than 4GB without any problems, just start the capture and stop it when you're done - it's as easy as that (if your HD is large enough, that is).
      I don't know if there's a limit in NTFS and/or HuffYUV (or alternativley PicVideos MJPEG), but if there is it doesn't really matter as I've created captures as large as 70GB.

So you basically need three components to support those filesizes:
      1. the filesystem (-> NTFS)
      2. the capture codec (HuffYUV and PicVideo MJPEG both will do)
      3. the capture program (as said VirtualDub is not only free but an excellent tool)
      But we named the *dog* Indiana...
      My System
      2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
      German ATI-forum

Comment

Working...
      X