Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Matrox!

Hi Everyone,

I post once in a blue moon here, back in the day when the RR-G was new, I posted a little more often... but long gone are those days. Anyway, I have been a Matrox users since the first Mystique many years ago. Since that time I have only known Matrox video cards: Mystique, Mystique 220 & RR-S, G200 & RR-G, G400 and my first love - G400 Max.

The reason I am posting today is that I have installed a new Radeon 8500 and TV Wonder. Matrox users, there are other options in the world and this IS one of them... I will say that the Duel Head on the G4Max is still the best, but everything else on the R8500 is on par with Matrox or better (running Samsung 900NF 1600x1200 32 bit). And oh my god, games are unbelievable... yes the G4Max could run games, but this is like compairing a hot wheels ferrari to a real ferrari... my 3DMark(I know the devils benchmark, but it does show a point) went from 871 - 7068!!!

Anyway... I will still read up on Matrox and keep my fingers crossed for the mythical G800, but now I can be satisfied with my computer for the next few years (ha, Matrox did show me how to stretch out hardware upgrades . Long live Canadian companies!

ciao,
    Andrew

Hi Andrew
    I had a similar dilemma at the beginning of the year when after waiting several months for the G800 non event I ended up buying a Radeon. Apart from a few issues like not being able to install the official Win2k drivers the card has been fine. Funnily enough, I have exactly the same dilema. Early next year I am hoping to replace my Radeon for a card that does have dual head. Now let me see. I wonder what card I am probably going to have to buy? Does anyone believe that it will be the next gen from Matrox?

regards MD
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Working...
    X