Happy Birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday lil ole G400. You were bought 2 years ago this week. I wonder when your big brother is going to be born *sniff*.

regards MD
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Unfortunatley the mother is having trouble getting pregnant and is applying for ibf treatment so hopefully it will be sometime soon.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
      Unfortunatley the mother is having trouble getting pregnant and is applying for ibf treatment so hopefully it will be sometime soon.
      I think more ram is required here!

Comment

there waiting for everyone to get bigger hard drives...
        www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

That's the problem with dual heads, they don't know which one to use
          System 1:
          AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
          Epox 8K7A
          2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
          an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
          SBLIVE 5.1
          Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
          IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
          Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
          3Com Hardware Modem
          Teac 20/10/40 burner
          Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

These days they're headcasting through the internet.
            Tough chances of getting pregnant that way.

btw, my g400 made 2 years on the 8th (been neglecting her since June though).

Comment

sniff

Still using mine, waiting in hope.... Mine will be 2 in december....

(now I think about it, its the oldest surviving peice of kit in my machine, including case!!!!!!!!!!!)

Time for an upgrade VERY SOON (off to visit the Crystal Balls.....)

Regards
              RedRed
              Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

I'm still using my Max in my primary system and my vanilla in another machine. I don't do anything remotely 3D on either system, so I haven't had a compelling reason to replace them. So far, my Max has been like a lightbulb that never burns out.

It's kind of a marketing disaster, if you think about it. I like the card so much, I've seen no reason to part with it.

Paul

Comment

I think I am going to wait for the post-holiday price cuts and then see what the market is like. If Matrox have announced something by then, unlikely I know, I will give them strong consideration. If not, my Matrox ownership streak will end after Millennium 1, 2, G200, G400, RRG. If only I could help Matrox get pregnant...

MadScot
                  Asus P2B-LS, Celeron Tualatin 1.3Ghz (PowerLeap adapter), 256Mb PC100 CAS 2, Matrox Millenium G400 DualHead AGP, RainbowRunner G-series, Creative PC-DVD Dxr2, HP CD-RW 9200i, Quantum V 9Gb SCSI HD, Maxtor 20Gb Ultra-66 HD (52049U4), Soundblaster Audigy, ViewSonic PS790 19", Win2k (SP2)

Comment

The only thing in my comp older than my MAX is my NIC. Maybe the floppy, but I'm not sure.
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                      The only thing in my comp older than my MAX is my NIC. Maybe the floppy, but I'm not sure.
                      I just hope that the G400 doesnt have the longevity of the floppy.
                      Interests include:
                      Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Can't beat the NIC though. It's one of the old Digital 21140 cards, before they became Intel 21140s.
                        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Dangit. And here I thought this thread was meant for me. My b-day is coming up really shortly.

Come to think of it, I got my Max for my birthday, heh.
                          "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                          Gainward Ti4600
                          AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Ace
                            Seeing as its your birthday shortly, I'd like to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you. Hope you make a nice day of it

regards MD
                            Interests include:

Comment

yep, happy birthday azash

my g400 vanilla would have hit 2 years on the 1. august... but it was RMA'ed... .(

no idea how old my current one is

mfg
                              wulfman
                              "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                              "Lobsters?"
                              "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                              "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Working...
                              X