X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G550 and output !

Hi folks,
    I've the following question:
    I've the G550 DH and I'like to know which of the 2 video out is better.
    I know that is I've only 1 analog monitor, I've to connect it to the HD-15 connector, as it is the primary display, but if I have to connect the cable adapter, I've to connect it in to the HD-15 that become the secondary output, while, using the DVI to analog adapter, the DVI output become the primary.
    So it's better use the DVI output (and the adapter) as primary and the secondary uotput using only the cable tv-out (non connected to the TV) or using only the HD-15 as primary?
    Many thanks

HEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    NOBODY HELP ME????????????????????????????????

Kruzin, Greebe????????????????????????' Where r u?
    yo-hoo

Comment

As you noted, when a TV is connected, the DVI port becomes the primary.
      So with no TV connected, use the VGA connector for your monitor, and when a TV is connected, use the DVI + adapter for the monitor.
      It's a pain, I know. But that's how they made it...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

HI Kruzin,
        thank u for your reply.
        there is a thing that I'd like to know.
        If I use the DVI+adapter to analog out put, while the HD-15 is connected only with the cable, (only it without TV connection),
        something change? Or it is better that i connect my analog monitor to the HD-15 and use the DVI only if I use the TVOut?
        Many thanks

Comment

I have not used my G550 with a TV yet, so I am not sure.
          Shouldn't hurt anything to try it out though...let us know how it goes
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

At the time I'm writing this post, I've connected the monitor to the DVI with the adapter, and everything works fine. If u tell me some tests to do, I can do them. However I've tryed to push my desktop from 1024x768@32 to 1600x1200@32 (using my LG FLATRON 795 FTPLUS) and it is unbelievable. Everything is good.
            Last edited by Lukappaseidue; 19 October 2001, 14:51.

Comment

Hi Lukappaseidue! I need "some tests"!

Resolution 1600x1200@32 is the maximum for secondary RAMDAC.

Can you try to setup a little more resolution?

(The primary RAMDAC is capable to work in resolution up to 2048x1536@32bpp. I'd like also to know which RAMDAC is active by your connections - primary or secondary.)

WBR,
              Eugen.

Comment

Working...
              X