Slow net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow net

is it just me or is the entire net running slowly at the moment?
    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Mine is fast, it's fast at work too.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

There have been major problems at LINX, (London InterNet eXchange), today, see this announment.

Link
      When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

must be my connection
        dam telewest they must be the cra*est cable company in the world.
        my connection goes dead for about an hour every day and i have to resort to the long forgotten misery of dial up access

Comment

Originally posted by Taz
          There have been major problems at LINX, (London InterNet eXchange), today, see this announcement.

Link

Oops, wrong button
          When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

that explains it then.
            thanks taz i was writing my post as you replied.
            ps. have (did) you ever played tazmanian devil on the sega mega drives.
            it's still one of my favourite games to date
            ah the retro memories

Comment

Nope, never owned a Sega.

Something you could try to speed up your internet connection is to specify a manual proxy, the one I use, which seems pretty quick, is 194.117.133.68 port 8080. This is a Blueyonder proxy in Gateshead

Comment

thanks
                i'll give it a go

Comment

Actually to my suprise, I found the other day that webcache.blueyonder.co.uk on port 3128 works pretty nicely

It resolves to cache-hay.cableinet.co.uk - so I guess it's the Hayes cache?

Comment

Steve, I thought that used to be down the road from you in Basildon

Comment

Working...
                    X