Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bitboys are doing a revolution ! Matrox too ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitboys are doing a revolution ! Matrox too ?

I know, it`s not a 100% Matrox topic, but I think that part of what is described here by "Ceiser Söze" will be part of the new gfx card that we will see before christmas according to Haig.

Go follow the link and be amazed:

If Ceiser Söze speaks the truth (and I don`doubt it) we are about to see a revolution of the graphics sector, not an evolution.

MK
    Last edited by MK; 16 October 2001, 06:01.
    <font size="1">
    Celeron II 700 @ 1,1 GHz
    ASUS CUSL2-C, Bios 1009 final
    Alpha 6035MFC, 60 -> 80mm adapter
    2 x 80mm Papst Cooler 19/12dB
    256 MB PC133 Crucial 7E (CAS2)
    Maxtor Diamond MAX VL40
    ATI Radeon 8500 64MB @ Catalyst 3.0
    Hauppauge WinTV TV-Card
    Iiyama Vision Master Pro 400
    Plustek Optic Pro U12B
    HP Deskjet 959C
    Plantronics LS1 Headset
    all on W2k Professional SP2
    </font>

Ich rechne mit einer baldigen Ankündigung und einem Verkaufsstart in diesem Jahr. Könnte sein, dass die AIB-Hersteller etwas länger brauchen, da das PCB-Design wegen des eDRAM etwas speziell ist.

Interesting, very interesting if my german is a good as I think.
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Well, what i make from it is that there will be an announcement and selling this year.

Infineon builds the chips and there will be dual boards.
      According to the bitboys specs and to what that Ceiser dude is telling the single chip board will be faster then a GF3 ti500.

Ich vermute daher, dass der Single Chip Avalanche etwas schneller als eine Ti-500 ist (ehrlich gesagt vermute ich nicht nur... hab da nämlich etwas über den ersten lauffähigen Prototypen des Glaze3D gehört ).
      it is not sure what the exact position of Matrox is in all this, but someone on that board is saying that matrox will bring out a 'gamers' board without an Matrox-chip on it.

isn't this exactly what people have been shouting here for over a year now

i surely hope that Matrox will bring out such a revolutionary card. I'm really getting sick of the bad Nvidia drivers
      PIII 1Ghz|AbitSa6R|512mb Kingston|Matrox Parhelia 512 Retail|80gb WD & 30gb IBM 75gxp|Diamond MX300 A3d 2.0|36xcdrom|6x32AopenDVD|Sony DRU500A|Intel Pro 10/100 S|IIyama Vision Master Pro 450 | Celly 300a@450 'server' powered by a G400MAX

Comment

i shall wait for a few more weeks, then i will build a new system, and if bitboys or matrox havent announced anything to compete with the AIW 8500 (not the standard 8500), i will get one of those, if they announced something and it looks promising, i will keep my g400 max for a little while longer.

PS: anyone there who wants to give me some money, so i can get a dual athlon system???

Comment

Where did you read that somebody said, Matrox releases a card without a Matrox chip ??? IMHO the next card from big `M` will feature Bitboys technology, but will have a Matrox chip on board.

MK
          <font size="1">
          Celeron II 700 @ 1,1 GHz
          Maxtor Diamond MAX VL40
          Hauppauge WinTV TV-Card
          Plustek Optic Pro U12B
          HP Deskjet 959C
          Plantronics LS1 Headset
          </font>

Comment

Vor einiger Zeit hab ich mal auf Antilles gelesen, daß einer von Matrox gesagt hat, daß man den Gamer Markt NICHT aufgeben wird!!
            Es wird weiterhin Karten für den Gamer Markt geben (NICHT Aber Chips von Matrox!!)
            Personally i don't think that Matrox will only use technology from Bitboys. If they are up to something with Bitboys, they WILL use the entire chip.
            I don't see Matrox building an Edram chip themselves when it took Infineon years to complete the process. (the original BB-Glaze3D was completely done, but didn't make the market becuase Infineon had troubles making the tech ready for mass-production)

Think of it, an Matrox quality board/drivers with the fastest graphic chip(s) on earth. (Ceiser Söze was talking about 200-250 fps Q3 1600x1200!!!)
            PIII 1Ghz|AbitSa6R|512mb Kingston|Matrox Parhelia 512 Retail|80gb WD & 30gb IBM 75gxp|Diamond MX300 A3d 2.0|36xcdrom|6x32AopenDVD|Sony DRU500A|Intel Pro 10/100 S|IIyama Vision Master Pro 450 | Celly 300a@450 'server' powered by a G400MAX

Comment

sounds like he know what he is talking about..

wonder how long... do I see Nappe posting here?

mfg
              wulfman
              "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
              "Lobsters?"
              "Really? I didn't know they did that."
              "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Michel - with a little patience, we will see who`s on the right side.

MK
                <font size="1">
                Celeron II 700 @ 1,1 GHz
                Maxtor Diamond MAX VL40
                Hauppauge WinTV TV-Card
                Plustek Optic Pro U12B
                HP Deskjet 959C
                Plantronics LS1 Headset
                </font>

Comment

We are living interesting times my friends.

One guy at 3Dgpu has to live without hair few weeks. and that will be (hopefully) happening soon.
                  another one has to eat a can of dog food and prove it with pictures at nvnews...

ahh.. I really hope that my dream about Matrox card with Bitboys 3D is coming reality at last. It would be much better than I have expected ever...
                  "Dippadai"

Comment

Hi @ll,
                    just wanted to make some things clear:

-I don't know if Matrox is going to use Bitboys-technology (or even BB-chips) on their next gaming-card. I just said that it might be possible (there are many things that hints towards it as you certainly know).
                    -About the 200fps in Quake3 (1600x1200x32): I don't know this too. I just took the maximum fillrate of a dual-chip board (I think that there will be one because Bitboys has trademarks on "Avalanche" and "Avalanche Dual") which would be 2.8 Gtexels/sec (taken from the editorials at bitboys.com). Then I assumed that the chips won't be bandwith-limited because of the insane eDRAM-bandwith (about 44Gbytes/sec) and calculated how many frames would be possible in a typical QuakeIII-scenario with a maximum fillrate of 1.4Gpixels/sec or 2.8Gtexels/sec and no bandwith limitations - about 200 frames in 1600x1200x32...

Comment

hi ceiser, nice to see you here too

mfg
                      wulfman
                      "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                      "Lobsters?"
                      "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                      "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Ceiser
                        Welcome to the forums. Now let the SPECULATING begin.

regards MD
                        Interests include:
                        Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Hail Ceiser !

Do you have any concrete info about the birth of this bit boys technology? (when it will be ready? What sort of licensing arangements the Bitboys would use? I am afraid that my German is very poor, and I could not translate you original aticle.

Thanks & welcome

I take it that the g799.999 or whatever, if fitted with this tech would be the card to beat for a week or 2?

Would this tech be of a type which would be comaptable with the near perfect (for me )Ramdac of the G400 series?

Regards
                          RedRed
                          Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Bitboys is cursed?

Doesn't sound good what I read over at beyond3d about the Bitboys.
                            See

Does anyone have infos about what might have gone wrong?

Comment

Not anymore.... :/

I am sorry but I cannot tell more... you will hear it later...
                              "Dippadai"

Comment

Working...
                              X