AMD SMP mobos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD SMP mobos

Ok, i'm in the process of building a new pc, for *learning* experince I'm planning on building a SMP system.

Considering the price of CPU's it's looking like an AMD solution.

So I'd love to hear any comments sugestions from you about boards your currently using etc.

At the moment i'm looking at the tyan tiger MP but i'm open to suggestions.

Thanks Dan
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

patiently awaiting replies to this thread as he contemplates the same.........

Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Re: AMD SMP mobos

Originally posted by Sasq
      At the moment i'm looking at the tyan tiger MP but i'm open to suggestions.
      The only other Athlon SMP board currently available is the more expensive Tyan Thunder K7, I think it will be a while before anyone else releases one. Gigabyte, Abit, Asus, Chaintech and MSI have all anounced that they will be producing one and there are rumours of an Iwill board but that's as far as it's got
      Last edited by Taz; 15 October 2001, 12:10.
      When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

I think a SMP system only justifies itself if you´re really running professional apps that support SMP.

Comment

That, or you heavily use CPU-intensive programs that you could background to one CPU. Encoding, SETI, etc.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

While there will be some DVD - Divx going on. Mostly I just want to discover the joys (?????) of SMP under win2k server and linux.

thinking of putting two athlon 1500+ xp's in it.

I don't need a SMP system, but I do need to learn the driver and app. problems associated with it.

Dan
            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Working...
            X