G450 Dualhead - Software setting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450 Dualhead - Software setting question

Just installed a Matrox Millenium G450 DualHead LX. I am using it with two identical 19" CTX monitors, on a system running Windows 2000 Pro.

I use them primarily for a "sideways extended" desktop scheme on the two side-by-side displays. (Once in a rare while, will I use a "top-and-bottom setting" on the side-by-side monitors.)

Here is my question:

When I am on either of the two display modes I mentioned above, how can have the pop up windows (such as splash screens which show up when programs start, or general dialog boxes that prompt for userid and password, etc.) appear at the center of only one of the two screens (instead of appearing at the center of the combined area)?

At this time, those appear at the center of the combined area, making them span across the two monitors.

I am sure there is a software setting, but -- for the life of me -- I cannot seem to locate it. Please tell me where I can find the software setting.

Thank you for your attention. Regards,

~ JC ~one
    ~ JC ~
    <alakazam>

Hi Alakazam

Welcome to the board.

For issues with not centering popups I can tell you to look for the Matrox icon in the notification area on the taskbar. Right click on it, it has multimonitor management.

Good luck,
    Peter Aragon
    Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

Working...
    X