Crazy monitor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy monitor...

My monitor is going bezerk at the moment...

The screen wobles, tilts, shrinks, magnifies. trembles.....

This usualy happens at a inrequent interwall...

Any ideas of why???
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Does it occur or change if you pop it on the side with your hand (gettin REAL technical here! LOL
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I't seems to stabilize for a couple of seconds when I Degause it....

Now it's perfectly fine and be that for a month or so.......

Untill next time....

I don't think it is computer related because it has stayed even thou I have completly changed every part in my computer several times since i saw it the first time...

Will check if a hit in the side will work (LOL )
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

A lot of older monitors will go crazy until they "warm up". I have a monitor that smears like crazy for about 6 minutes, then is bright and clear once it gets going. The monitor is 4 years old, and I've used it heavily: no screen burns or dead spots, but it is starting to show it's age.

Check your monitor cable for a bent pin in the connector, either at the back of the monitor or where it plugs into your videocard. Loose cables are not good, either

Also, it can make a big difference which way the monitor cable is run: the RFI suppressor on one end of the cable should be the one run to the monitor most of the time. Also, make sure your power cable to the monitor is in good shape.
        Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

None of which will effect his monitor in the manner which he has stated (other than age).

The screen wobles, tilts, shrinks, magnifies. trembles.....

This usualy happens at a inrequent interwall...
          Indicates a power supply related problem. The reason I suggested popping it on the side, is because alot of times a bad solder connection at fault in these kind of problems, especially true in inrequent interwalls.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

make you have *NO* fans or any other magnets anywhere close to your monitor, whenever i keep my fan on, even if its far away, it makes my monitor go crazy.....
            <font size="1">Gigabyte GA-6VXC7-4X MoBo
            VIA Apollo Pro 133a (694x/686A) chipset (4x agp, UDMA 66)
            Celeron II 733 CPU (coppermine 128)
            128meg (2x64) 133mhz SDRam
            Matrox Milleniumm G200 AGP 16 mb
            Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Digital model 0100 (MP3+, Gamer)
            Quantum LM 30 gig HD 7200 RPM UDMA 66
            Realtek 8029A NIC Card
            Optiquest V775 17" Monitor
            Actima 36X CD-Rom
            Advansys 510 SCSI Card (ISA, but good enuf for my burner)
            Yamaha 6416 CD-RW
            Windows 2000 (primary)
            Slackware Linux 9.0(secondary/emergency)</font>

Comment

yea and reply in Swedish, see if you can do it better than his totally passable english.
              AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Bohrn, you should know that was just a joke from Greebe about his typing, not his english - don't have a cow man
                FT.

Comment

Is my wording so bad that it's hard to understand what I am trying to tell??

Or is it just the fact that my fingers are not QWERTY compatible

back to the piont...

The cable has two RFI suppressors, one in every end.

the monitor is a Leoptics Comfortview 17cp. 17' screen.
                  Max resolution 1280*1024 at 60Hz

works best at 1024*768@85Hz.

Very sharp picture.

Comment

Technoid,
                    I have a monitor that does the exact same thing, it's a Smile 19" .25, I've been thinking it may be heat related.

It sometimes makes a very scary "pop" or "crackling" noise when it happens.
                    jim
                    System 1:
                    AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                    Epox 8K7A
                    2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                    an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                    SBLIVE 5.1
                    Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                    IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                    Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                    3Com Hardware Modem
                    Teac 20/10/40 burner
                    Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Might be, it was as it worst when I had a Classic Athlon 900!

and boy that cpu could heat up a room in seconds

Comment

Sounds like ti could be a bad solder joint as Greebe described which can cause your gun to arc a bolt of electricity This would explain the events listed above.

Dave
                        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

sorry if I sounded a little snotty. Pretty tired at the time. Also, I see this sort of thing here sometimes, some guy is pickin on a non english speaking person for thier less than perfect english. I don't think that is all that nice. But in this case I failed to see that this was a long time person here, and just joking. Once again, I am sorry.

PS, I got a message saying that I had a personal message from Greebe, but when I hit the link, there was no message there. In light of my little oopsy, maybe it is better that I didnt get the message. Or maybe I "got the message", just not in private

Comment

Well I just got back online after a concentrator at my CO died this afternoon.

Anywho...

@Technoid, you're doing just fine guy... keep it coming! I read it as you intended, just that it brought a smile to my face like Albequerky did in another post not so long ago.

@Bohrn, I do not attack anyone about how they spell or would write in their native tongue due to the language barrier that exists between all of us.
                            The message I sent you read...
                            Are you trying to be a smart guy or something actually relevent?
                            If your trying to make a point then make it.
                            Yes this was a defensive posture on my part cause Technoid nor anyone else until the moment you appeared to be on the rag about it... I even posted a smiley at the end to reflect it touched me funny bone.

Lets leave this as it now sits and let bygones be bygones!
                            Last edited by Greebe; 15 October 2001, 22:34.

Comment

hehe, just a little misunderstanding and a fatigue induced over-reaction on my part. Like I said,if I would have seen that it was you that wrote it (long time person and all)I would not have said anything, as you aren't like that.

And the Albert-turkey issue was on purpose, Was in a silly mood, that was obviously appreciated by all One of the reasons I still come here, (besides the excellent tech help), is to share in the general sillyness

And more to the point, Technoid, did ya get your monitor to, ahem, pardon the pun, clear up?? I hope so, they are a pain in the bum. I had one that had to go for warranty, and the 60hz, 14inch, .28 dp cheapy they let me use REALLY was ugly. hope you do ok with it.

Bohrn@work, not @home

Comment

Working...
                              X