The Terror Of NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Terror Of NYC

First of all, let me say that I do not support any acts of terror no matter the cause. SO I did think it was a wrong act.

I actually had tears in my eyes when I saw people jumping into their certain death, and I was really pissed off when I saw Palestinians celebrating this tragedy,

What I am about to say now is probably more controversial in the US than In Europe. USA almost defines countries that you are either with us or against us (in other word a terrorist). Sadly the world is much more complex than that.
    Bombing bin-laden group is fine, but the people of Afghanistan are equally innocent. They have experienced war constantly for more than 20 years so I really feel sorry for them,

Right know I think there is a very tense situation in USA and in some area it has reached an inquisition level. A Norwegian biochemical student, are no longer allowed to study in US due to the danger that foreigner can get in touch with biohazards material. He has 1 year left of a 4-year study and has to leave. (Well, he is taking this to court) Anyway, this demonstrates my point of view that we may need to cool down. Not every foreign are crocks.

I really don’t think that bombing Afghanistan is a solution, because the bombs will never get to bin laden. If this campaign continuous for several more weeks I think the official worldwide support will decline. Ground forces is the thing but it will be very hard to capture him. I hope they do but there are a lot of innocent people in Afghanistan too.

If this develops into a religion war I am sure witch side I will take. (In case you wonder, the good side of course J )
    When talking about religion I would like to say a few words about Islam. They main groups of Muslims are shia-muslims (I think) and they are quite conservative. (I have a sunny-Muslim friend (or was it the other way around!)) And he is like any ordinary Christian who doesn’t go to church etc.

Anyway, if a minister preached in the same manners as some of the Imams do, well that would make some seriously big headlines. I mean in school young children are thought that USA is the devil, also in the religion school and probably at home too. So now wonder they would like to sacrifice themselves and become a martyr. If they do, by the way, they are rewarded with 67 virgins in heaven!

Well, this topic is material for a long discussion and there is simply no easy solution to it.
    I think USA is in their fully right to find the ones responsible, but that doesn’t make others with a different opinion an enemy of the state.

I hope that he soon will be catched and that this bombing will stop (well, Taliban must be demolished because they are not good. When the boys are 12-13 years Taliban comes for them and train them as warriors for Allah.)

Strange actually that both side claim to have God on their side.

Hope you all don't misinterprets what I just have written. It was merely some thoughts I had just before bedtime.

Take care, and may God bless us all.
    Best regards
    Tor

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
    Arthur C. Clarke

'I really don’t think that bombing Afghanistan is a solution, '

How can you talk reason to these radicals? How can you compromise with these types who use their own women and children as shields?

Unfortunately, they have given the world no choice but to wipe them out all thanks to their own brainwashings of their people.

SwAmPy
    SwAmPy

Comment

A Norwegian is not a foreigner, in my opinion. Your friend should be allowed to stay.. this damned political correctness crap strikes again. We can't tell the bloody Arabs to go without telling everyone else to as well.. damned stupid. Look at who the terrorists ARE, for God's sake, leave others alone.

Read that article I posted here, Viking. You might learn a bit more about Arabian society. The Wahabi sect of Islam in Saudi Arabia is where most of this crap and hatred is nurtured.

I know the peaceniks and many others who are just not thinking straight oppose the bombing in Afghanistan because they think we are bombing groups of little children or something. Why don't you stop and ask an Afghani? I saw a few interviewed as they were passing into Pakistan. One old man was telling what was really happening there. The bombs were only hitting the Taliban, not civilians. The Afghanis hate the Taliban.. life there is much worse than living under Stalin, from what I hear. Of course they don't like seeing their country bombed, but if we can get rid of the Taliban, they are all for it. He said the Taliban was just saying civilians were being killed in hopes that the naive whiners over here would bring a stop to the attacks. Predictable. We are also dropping food for the refugees, and President Bush (you know him.. the stupid Texan who just wants to kill everybody) proposed the other night that every child in America help by giving a dollar to help feed a hungry Afghan child. Thank God we have the means to be so precise in our attacks and so generous at the same time. Does this mean that no innocent will be hurt? Innocents are always hurt in war, unfortunately. We are trying our best to avoid doing that, though. Our opponent sees civilians as legitimate targets, however, and goes after them before military ones. Pretty obvious who the good guys are here, isn't it? Is this action necessary and justified? Absolutely, beyond any doubt.

I have a great idea about what to do with these idiot protesters we have here.. we need to educate them all about how the Saudi royal family is opressing the people there, then send them over to demonstrate in the streets about it. They might redirect some hatred at the right target before they are thrown in jail and have their tongues cut out.
      Last edited by KvHagedorn; 13 October 2001, 22:41.

Comment

I really wish someone'd invent high temperature superconductors or some kind of consumer fusion power generators... then we could tell "them" to take their oil and shove it where the sun don't shine. And I still get sick thinking about all the slavery and barbaric stuff that goes on in Africa and the middle east, China looks positivly enlightened in comparison.

Comment

We have many trillions of cubic feet of natural gas stored in underground reserves, biomass and methane hydride deposits off the continental shelves of every major land mass. Just the underground sources are enough to last hundreds of years, and the hydride deposits are thousands of times larger.

Add to them an affordable, and perhaps subsidized, fuel cell and you can convert to a whole new fuel system.

And I don't want to hear that fuel cells are too far off. Commercial fuel cell power stations that are large enough to replace substations went commercial this year. The major auto makers are coming out with production models no later than 2005, if not earlier.

Also, companies from Japan to Germany are already producing home cogeneration fuel cell units that not only make electricity but heat and hot water with efficiencies well beyond that of conventional sources. Such devices also decentralize power production making wide area power outages far less likely.

Once a respectable percentage of the distribution system is converted you could tell OPEC to go swim in their pools of oil, for all we care.

What is needed is a NASA type committment to bring it about in the shortest possible order. Call it the "Energy Marshall Plan" if you will.

If nothing else it would allow us to make poor those sheiks & nations that insist on funding Bin Laden and his cronies in spite of the fact that they themselves are also on his target list. It would also massively reduce the ability of OPEC to blackmail the whole of civilization every time they want to replace their fleet of Rolls & Bentleys or build yet another string of palaces.

Once this is done if they want to live in the 6th century and hate the reat of humanity because we disagree on their definition of what makes one devout, let them do it in enforced international isolation.

They should also be told that if they poke their heads out of their holes with malevolent intent again they will be given an express ticket to their martyrs "Paradise", where they can glow in the dark for eternity.

Dr. Mordrid
          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 14 October 2001, 00:09.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

LOL, check this out!!!!!!!!!!

Best regards
            Tor

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
            Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

I think US military policy has been clear since the fall of the Soviet Union: bomb fascists. When we start a military campaign, the pacifist in me recoils. Then I think, hey, they meet the fascist minimum. Bomb them. Regular old secular fascists (the Bath Party in Iraq and Syria), clerical fascists (the Taliban), Pat Buchanan, T.S. Eliot (if he was alive), I don't care. Bomb them.

The 20th Century may have been the most violent century in history, and it's their fault. I've stated before that I'm an admirer of Tony Blair. Watch how he has reacted to certain global events. There's something instinctive and visceral about it. I think there's a good reason for that.

Sorry about the rant. This is an obsession of mine. I think fascism is the greatest evil mankind has ever faced, and they have to be stopped.

God, how I hate them.

Paul
              paulcs@speakeasy.net

Comment

Diplomacy was shown several times on the FOX news channel this week. First time I saw it I almost fell off the chair

Dr. Mordrid
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                X