Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Athlon XP 1700+ INSANITY!

Hi all!

I just "changed my sig" this week after having bought me a few new toys. I thought I would use tjis time to brag, while my stuff is still hot off the shelf.

Here are some Sandra benchmark. No overclocking was used on a CAS 2 and Turbo setting on my RAM in my Abit KG7 bios.

First pic show beautiful Sandra doing her nasty stuff to my CPU.

/Jake
    Attached Files
    Who is General Failiure and why is he reading my drive?
    ----------------------
    Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

Now for the Multimedia bench...

You make me R***Y baby! Yeah!
    Attached Files
    ----------------------
    Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

Comment

Finally the memory bench

You BAD girl!
      Attached Files
      ----------------------

Comment

Nice new feature in Win XP!

Thought I would show you how it looks. Makes me all mushy inside.

Btw. I got scores of 1848 in 3dMark2001 and 4035 in 3dMark2000 on my god ol' G400, clocked to 115% with MgaTweak.

Thanks to the SSE instruction set my I got a 20% speed increase when converting DivX to MPG (for VCD) in TMPGEnc 2.0 (compared to a regular Athlon at the same MHz speed). Encoding was done with highest quality settings. It now only takes me 2 hours to convert a 1 hours movie file. (Used to take 4). If I use "motion estimate search" it's faster that realtime! (40 min. for a 1 hour clip).

So if you are considering a CPU upgrade, I can only recommend this! Looks to be the best investment I have done in years.

/Jake
        Attached Files
        ----------------------

Comment

and yet it's all on a 17" monitor.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
            and yet it's all on a 17" monitor.
            Yeh you should get a nice LG Flatron 915FT plus! http://www.lgeus.com/Product/Monitor/915ft.asp
            According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Hey guys!

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I guess I'm not allowed to be happy about my upgrade.

Your snipe remark kinda takes the joy out of the wonderful experience it was for me to finally get a new CPU. Until last week I was still running a P3-450, and I had been saving for quite some time to afford this upgrade. Hardware is expensive in Denmark (at least it is to me).

Cornerstone monitors just don't fall into my lap out of the blue sky.

I thought the Benchmark forum was all about being allowed to show how well your hardware performs. And if the benchmarks displayed are good they might serve to help others decide what upgrades to get. I little bragging has always been allowed on the MURC, and I know you have done it too, when you get some new piece of hardware.

You are right, my 17" is a POS. I would love a new 19" or 21". But I won't let that fact or your remarks spoil my perfect sunday.

/Jake
              ----------------------

Comment

Don't take this wrong, Guru has tried to push his LG for a couple of weeks now, and Greebe...well he's Greebe. He's supposed to be a nice guy but people do get him wrong sometimes.

Me myself did make a similar move like you a couple of months ago, it was a relief to get some power in the box...the difference was maybe that I built a computer from scratch...that means I got an Iiyama VM pro 451 in the deal to.

If you can collect some money to get a nice 19" monitor, they aren't that expensive anymore, you won't regret your money spent.

Comment

Greebe...well he's Greebe. He's supposed to be a nice guy but people do get him wrong sometimes.
                  The point I'm trying to make is that you've continued to upgrade everything but the most important part of a computer system... what you view it with.

Your benchmarks are NICE!
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Don't I feel like the F*****G fool now...

Thanks guys,

I think I must have blown a casket this morning. If not, I must have gotten out on the wrong side of bed. Looking at my post now, I really feel stupid.

Thanks for the monitor advice. Looking at your remark (a little later in the day) I see that your were surely of the best intensions, and to my best interest.

What's REALLY funny is the fact that I always tell people to buy better monitors. The huge amounts of muulah spent on precious CPU and GPU cycles could often be used MUCH better, like for getting a better monitor to relieve those strained eyes.

In fact the whole visual interface to our minds is impaired, if we forget this. Not to mention a not insignificant amount of work related stress could well stem from a bad monitor.

Thank you for renewing my faith. With the old components I chucked from my PC, combined with a bit of attention to my spending, I might be able to get enough scraped together to get me a descent 19" screen.

HAIL THE BIG M AND BETTER IMAGE QUALITY!

Regards,

Jake
                    ----------------------

Comment

OMG!

What a ramble. I really have to do somthing about that caffeine addiction.

/Jake
                      ----------------------

Comment

Yeah.. nice system

I'm kinda dissapointed that AMD didn't rank those chips higher.. especialy with the 1700 rating beats a 2GHz Pee4 in most cases.

They should've ranked them 200pts higher.

Comment

nice system Jake, I think you've got the monitor part covered now.......and yes the monitor is the most important part of a computer system, but since I'm looking for the last 3 years at a 21" trinitron (I can brag too) I can't recommend anyone anything else but big screens. It was the best upgrade for my former P200 with 32Mb SDRAM I could think of at the time (since I already had a faster than light 4speed burner)
                          About bad screens: I suppose I wouldn't have got RSI with my old trusty 14" stamp since I would be much earlier too tired to watch it......

greetz, Erik

ps, I'm going to build something like your system too in a couple of days: 1,7G, 256Mb DDR 40G 7200 rpm maxtor and a Geforce MX400

Comment

Tell me, what your motives are to get a MX400, when you're looking at a 21"´screen???

Comment

hahaha, get your point.

well the systems' not mine (I would want a P4, but hey, where did the cat leave my wallet)
                              The guy I'm going to build it for has a 17" Philips and he rarely plays FPS as he only plays Red Alert and the like.
                              (I case you'll need to ask why he needs 1,7GHz, he's got money to burn................)

hehe, Greetz Erik,

Comment

Working...
                              X