Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a little help for a school project...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a little help for a school project...

I need to bring my hole project to school... but i've got a little problem. These 2 mpeg files in it... the first one is ~20mb and the second is near 50mb. I don't have a ZipDrive nor a Tape backup and i don't think the admin would like that i install all sort of programs in the PCs. I could convert 'em to DIVx but the size would still be a problem. I'd only need a solution to get those files at school before my exam.

Spazm
    P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

zip or rar them and split them on "some" disks.

winzip & winrar can do this!

mfg
    wulfman
    "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
    "Lobsters?"
    "Really? I didn't know they did that."
    "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

yeah... but zipping a mpeg won't cut the size much... i think and if i'm not wrong it would require at least 50 disks. I got a whole buch of disks, but i'd like to avoid this method since floppy isn't too relyable.

Spazm
      P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

You need to find a friend with a CD-R, fast.

I got tired of having these problems, and got my own CD-R/W. Never regretted it.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

or find somebody with an external parallel zip drive...

no need to install anything on the school pc - guest95 ist quite useful....

mfg
          wulfman
          "Lobsters?"

Comment

Not a bad idea especially with the low prices of cds now... barely a 1$ each. Just a last question... do u think i'd be better to burn a mpeg of a Divx? School pcs are a little old i would'nt want to have problems running the movies on 'em.

Spazm

Comment

easy: enough space on the cd for both versions

are you allowed to install video codecs on the pc?

if not, mpeg is the better choice...

mfg
              wulfman
              "Lobsters?"

Comment

I got a friend with an external zip... but the last time he came to copy file i had to dw the software which is 2-3mb.... and i got no idea if the printer port is enabled.

And Would a Zip be fast enough to run a mpeg or a Divx direct on it?

Spazm

Comment

no, usually not, at least not mine

mfg
                  wulfman
                  "Lobsters?"

Comment

I have no clue about the codec... tho i installed Quicktime 5 on the pc i used friday... of couse i did'nt ran to the admin and ask if i could.. I do know that Media player seem's to have lots of problem on that machine 1/2 of avis and mpeg were hagging before the playback.

Spazm

Comment

Stick with MPEG-1 if you can.

Most computers, PC or Apple, can play them without installing another codec, which the school may or may not allow.

Dr. Mordrid
                      Dr. Mordrid
                      ----------------------------
                      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Ok, the mpeg i got is VCD compliant so i should'nt have any problem running it on the NT4 workstation. Thanks.

Comment

I got a friend with an external zip... but the last time he came to copy file i had to dw the software which is 2-3mb.... and i got no idea if the printer port is enabled.
                          Besides the drivers (that are actually quite intrusive) the external zip does have the mentioned "guest95" disk that doesn´t install any software, just allows a pc to recognise the drive.

And Would a Zip be fast enough to run a mpeg or a Divx direct on it?
                          With the full driver set it can read at around 400Kbytes/sec if I can remember correctly. With just guest95 it used to be MUCH slower. You alway have the option to copy it to the HDD first.

But my opinion about it is that you shoud take this ocasion to buy a relativly inexpensive CD burner. You can get a decent one really cheap now, and it will be one of the most useful upgrades you ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuno

Besides the drivers (that are actually quite intrusive) the external zip does have the mentioned "guest95" disk that doesn´t install any software, just allows a pc to recognise the drive.
                            Does guest95 run on NT4? If it does i think i'd prefer that rather than burning things on a cd.

Originally posted by Nuno

But my opinion about it is that you shoud take this ocasion to buy a relativly inexpensive CD burner. You can get a decent one really cheap now, and it will be one of the most useful upgrades you ever had.
                            Well... my bro got one... a 12x but i don't see him too often and it's a pain to bring either my pc or my hd. Besides i'd only use it once or two each month... so i don't fell that i need it that much.

Spazm

Comment

Does guest95 run on NT4?
                              Good question
                              I really don´t know, I don´t use my zip drive for ages, and I was running win98 back then...

Comment

Working...
                              X