Marvel G450 e TV or ATI Radeon AIW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G450 e TV or ATI Radeon AIW?

Want to record my old video casettes into VCDs. Which card will do a better job capturing video?

Note:
    Do not care about 3d gaming speed.
    Want capturing to be as easy as possible.
    Sound has to be captured as well, of course.

Thanks

Och,

If you have a video card that you do not want to upgrade just yet you could look at a seperate capture card, like <a href="http://www.hauppauge.com">Hauppauge</a>. If you want more information about the G450eTV or the ATI AIW Radeon (which seem to be equal in features) check out the <a href="http://forums.murc.ws/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=7">Desktop Video Forum</a>. There are plenty of people with either the ATI or the Matrox cards.

Hope this helps.

dsp
    1.8GHz PIV (Northwood) @ 2.5GHz
    512MB Corsair PC2700 @ 2-2-2 1T
    MSI 845PE FISR
    8.4GB Quantum CR
    40GB Maxtor 5400
    MSI 40X12X48
    Coolerguys Windtunnel IV
    SB Audigy
    Parhelia (210/600)
    19" Dell P991
    Win2kPro
    Intel Gigabit Network

Comment

will the haupage card deliver better quality over marvel/aiw? as far as my video card goes, its a no name geforce2 gts, i do want to replace it, because its 3d features are useless to me, but its 2d quality is disgusting.

Comment

The Hauppauge card outputs it display via overlay... you'll need at least a high qualtiy card to view it. (I have one)
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

With every card the quality of your captures will be seriously degraded due to the source of your video. VHS just has terrible quality, you don't see it that much on a TV, but you will on a monitor.
          IIRC there were some threads about difficulties with either the RRG or the Marvels having problems to capture from bad quality sources without using a timebase correction device. Better check the DesktopVideo forum about this issue, since I don't have a RRG or a Marvel.

No problems with the Hauppauge card here capturing from VHS, just don't expect high quality, the capture can only be as good as the source and this is inferior with VHS.
          But we named the *dog* Indiana...
          My System
          2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
          German ATI-forum

Comment

Working...
          X