I screwed up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I screwed up...

Ummm.. well I finally got myself a RR-G.

However I managed to completely forget the fact that I needed the PAL version rather than the NTSC version. Can't return it as I bought it 2nd-hand.

Anyone have any cool ideas abotu what I can do?? Ideally I'd like to be able to swap it with someone who's gotten stuck with a PAL version but I don't know if that's going to be too likely...

Anyone else have any nifty ideas? I'm using this card mainly to watch TV.. will do recording now and again too...

Incidentally anyone happen to know if I can record into the RR-G using the TV-out from the G400?? As in, Using DVD-Max to play Full-screen on the second head & recording striaght to .avi through the RR-G??
    We seldom attribute common sense except to those who agree with us.

Recording with RR-G from DVDMAX: I did it with my Marvel G-400. I even played the game of the desktop in the desktop in the desktop in ... with DualHeadClone.
    For recording, I used an alternate capture program however (VirtualDub).
    Now, I am using the DVDMAX output as an input to my DV500, recording directly in DV format. Far better picture quality.
    Michka
    I am watching the TV and it's worthless.
    If I switch it on it is even worse.

Comment

Okay..
      I would probably capture in YUY2 if I can manage it & then Flask it from there..

Anyone else got any ideas on my RR-G problem??

Comment

As my memory serves me, the difference is in the tuner module only. I'm in a PAL area and Matrox once sent me an NTSC version, I didn't even notice a problem until I tried to use it as a TV.

Since I usually use my VCR as the tuner stage anyway, it didn't make a lot of difference to me.

Good luck
        Chris
        (T_I)

Comment

I'll be using mine almost solely for the TV tuner..

Comment

Working...
          X