Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT2000 and MPEG2 playback

Okay boys, here we go again

I just discovered something else about my RT2000 card. Apparently, this card ISN'T registered as a capture-card in windows 98. When I look in the multimedia properties in the devices tab, there are NO video capture devices registered.

Now, the card works just fine, for as long as you're using Adobe's Premiere 5.1 (the version that comes bundled with the RT2000 package). I personally prefer Ulead's MSP, but without a video capture device registered, you can forget about that.

Besides this, I have encountered a second problem : there seems to be NO WAY to display any RT2000-MPEG2 AVI-file outside of AP5.1 !

I have captured several sequences using the RT2000 MPEG2 I-Frame codec (75% quality settintg), creating several MPEG2 output files, using the MPEG2 I-Frame and MPEG2 IPB-Frame codecs, but I cannot get any MPEG-player to display them :
    - Window's media player opens the Video-AVI but displays no images. when I look in the File Properties, Details, I says "no video" besides the video-prompt. Also, when I look in the 'advanced' tab, the list of 'codecs in use' is empty
    - when I use Cyberlink's PowerDVD, the display freezes for the duration of the video file. And no, there is no image on the second monitor (targetted by the RT2000 card) either.
    - bundeled with the RT2000 card comes a DVD-player, but this can only read "true" DVD-structures from cd-rom or HD. It seems impossible to feed this player with individual MPEG2 files.

The MPEG2 files I creates ARE valid, however. I can take the MPEG2 IPB-files, feed them to the DVD-It software to create a "true" DVD-structure on my HD, and from there I can use the DVD-player mentionned above to play out the DVD-structure. This works fine, but it's too clumbersome for me. I just want to capture video to MPEG2-I (NOT the MPEG2-IBP since it takes quite some time to convert from I to IBP-frames), dump these files to a cd-rom and play then out whenever I want to. Is that really too much to ask ?

Right now, I'll give the Xing DVD-player a trial run, maybey this one will work. I'll bet it won't however.

Any suggestions/remarks ?
Working...
X