No announcement yet.

Really Really dumb win2k question.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really Really dumb win2k question.....

I just reinstalled win2k and at the bottom right of my otherwise black background, it says, "Windows 2000 Professional" and then underneath that, "Build 2195" in white. How do I get rid of this???? It's driving me nuts!

Thanks,
    -Dimitri
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Have you tried turning off active desktop and using "none" as your background? Both are in your display properties.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

You got TweakUI?
      http://www.microsoft.com/windowsme/guide/tweakui.exe (you know, to install it, unzip, right click TweakUI.inf and then Install ... you know, just in case ...

Go to the Control Panel, TweakUI applet, open the General tab, then uncheck Show Windows version on desktop
      Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

And if it shows that by default you aren't using the final version of Win2k. I'd go scrounge up another copy if I were you.

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Thanks RED.

Gurm, it's the only copy I have that works right now.... My other copies crapped out on me for some reason....

-D
          "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
          --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Working...
          X