Police Use Helicopter for Doughnut Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Use Helicopter for Doughnut Run

An Albuquerque policeman and his pilot face disciplinary measures after using a police helicopter this week to swoop in for a midnight snack of doughnuts, officials said on Friday.

The officer and the civilian pilot were on night patrol over the city in a Kiowa OH-58 helicopter when they landed in a vacant lot next to a Krispy Kreme doughnut store around 1 a.m. on Thursday morning.

"The contracted pilot and a police officer landed the copter early in the morning, ran in and grabbed a dozen, came back out and took off," Albuquerque Police Department spokesman Brian McCutcheon said.

"I don't know whose brain child it was, but it's quite an ugly child," he said.

full story here.

A Krispy Kreme employee who asked not to be identified said he didn't see why people were making a big deal of the unusual doughnut run.

"Cops got to eat, too," he said.
    I would hesitate to call that food....it's one thing to stop in for a meal, it's another to pick up sugar-frosted saturated fat rings.

b
    Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

I reckon we've got the fastest and dumbest thieves alive. I mean they run round in three mile circles trying to escape from the police helicoptor. If they're on foot you'll see them in the Olympics next year. If they're driving I'm afraid they need new roadmaps.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Only in Albuquerque!!!!!.....LOL

Fortunately the krispy Kreme Doughnut shop is right next to Intel

Paul
        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Hehe. Roxors!
          Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Here's the scene of the CRIME.....LOL

Paul
            "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

eYup, could only happen in Albequerky!
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

mmmm...Krispy Kreme. I think that they were perfectly justified.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I wonder if they got them for free?

Hay Paul, you went there and didnt get me a krispy Kreme!

Oboy
                  Time to make the wafers!
                  Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
                  jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Comment

Working...
                  X