Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lockups with tusl-2 and g400

win98se, asus tusl-2 (815 chipset) matrox g400

G400 lockups seem common but anyone have trouble with this board?

have done all the usual updates, set widest aperture size, set agpx2, underclocked but system hangs 1-30mins after booting.

grateful for any thoughts.

stickmonster

does it hang regardless of what your doing ie games or surfing?
    have you tried x1AGP?
    could you post your full irq list!
    btw welcome aboard.

Comment

thanks for suck a quick reply.

yes it does hang regardless of the task - has done so a couple of times on launch of IE, will do so if I attempt to change resolution/colour depth but will always hang eventually (else produce the on-screen nastiness that unhappy cards are so good at).

Could you tell me how to force AGPx1? I can find no instructions for the board/chipset I'm using.

IRQ list as follows:

G400 11
      Modem 9
      Serial bus 9 & 10
      ATA/IDE Controllers 14 & 15

This is all I have im my system right now - I pulled out all PCI cards and reseated the G400 at one point but same story.

Thanks again,

stickmonster

Comment

Matrox's MTSTU 4.01.03 Utility will allow you to switch to AGP1x (and a few other nifty things
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

the utility reported AGPx1 already set (?).

anyways, I realised I'd downloaded a beta G400 driver - not the wisest move I ever made!

a few BIOS changes later I seem to have a stable system.

many thanks to ayoub_ibrahim and Greebe.

stickmonster

Comment

When the G400 drivers initialize they test the AGP bus for compatability with running the card at AGP2x. If it does not pass then the card is set to AGP1x. The most common reason for the lower transfer rate is bus noise either do to poor filtering on the MB or injected by other periphials.
            Last edited by Greebe; 12 October 2001, 08:14.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Well, first try to update the BIOS of both G400 and TUSL2-C to the most recent version, the newest BIOS for TUSL2-C is version 1010. Secondly, I suggest u to try to install Win98 first edition, coz win98se is not as stable as its previous version. For me, my G400 max with BIOS v2.1 b35 works very fine on TUSL2-C with BIOS v1010.

Comment

And I forgot to mention, my G400Max is running under AGP4X at 135MHz system bus.

Comment

Working...
                X