Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highpoint/XP woes

Hi guys,

When I first got me Epox 8K7A+ and got win2k running, I had problems where the sound would hop/skip/jump and the mouse would go jerky when the hard drive was being read in the background. This was using the Highpoint drivers which came with the board (1.15xx? - can't remember), and installing an older set - 1.03b - got it working fine.

Now - I've just installed WinXP and am having the same problems - do I dare install an old driver version which was made before XP was around? XP comes with its own driver for the highpoint 370 - v5.1.2600.0

Help!

Err Highpoint yes what can I say about them. Heres the recycle bin. Try this link for XP drivers.

Your best bet is disabling the thing and buying a raid controller from promise or someone else as there drivers are as buggy as hell.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Aha! Thanks TP!

I'll give these a go first cos:

These were designed to fix some of the slowdown/stuttering issues
      Otherwise I might give the Via chipset's controller a whirl instead (whoopee - lucky me!)

Comment

The only known working drivers for Highpoint are the 1.02 drivers. Yes, 13 revisions old. *sigh*

Highpoint = Festering, Rotting SHITE.

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

These seem to work! http://www.viahardware.com/faq/kg7kr...PT2.0.0925.zip Thanks TP!

I'll keep messing about to see if it's 100% fixed, but so far so good.

Comment

Don't loose them as you can guarentee they'll re-introduce the problem in the next set of drivers.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
            X