Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So...who has an RT2000?

Hi Guys,

I'd like to know who has one and what you think of the performance and quality of the card so far
    I'm currently running a PII 350 with the RT2000 and having a lot of fun with it.

I personalyl think it's a good idea if we can share our experiences here, that might resolve some issues or help others better understand the RT2K.

Chris, just a suggestion, maybe you can dedicate a section on this forum to RT2000 users what ya think?

Happy editing.
    Elie

Hi Elie

I'd love an RT2000, I wonder if Santa will bring me one early

About a separate forum - I can ask Ant, but I don't think that there's currently enough traffic to warrant one. Besides, just think of how many of the current readership that don't have one will pick up info in passing and maybe go out and buy one.

Lemme know

Chris

Comment

Setting up a new forum is no problem. Perhaps as Chris is now manufacturer independent it would be worth having a genral video forum then several vendor specific ones to try and entice more non Matrox people in here. It's up to the mighty idiot to decide

Comment

Oh decisions decisions.

Sorry Ant, tried to talk tya earlier but got the normal - did you switch back to the old ISP ?

I don't really mind, but I do think that the current cross-spawning of ideas between users is beneficial across the board. Currently we have a number of RT2K users (who are by and large very quiet), at least one (if not more) DV500 user, DC30's, all kinds of Matrox cards as should be expected from the site heritage, a large number of Raptors, various Firewire cards etc.

I just get the feeling that the experiences are so interlinked that trying to seperate hardware would only have the affect of folks having to log onto multiple boards instead of just one.

However, the customer is always right.

Comment

Your right Chris.. That's why I asked to see how many RT2000 users hang out here in this forum. But I guess there all busy editing

Cheers,
          Elie

Comment

Put me on the list of RT-2000 users.

I'm now running the following config;

Asus P3B-F 6/1/1
            PIII/600
            256 megs PC-100
            8.4g multiboot (Win98SE/Win98SE-for betaing/NT4-SP6/Linux)
            Fasttrak66 RAID
            Toshiba SD-M1202 DVD
            HP 8100i CDR/RW
            ZIP-100 internal
            Linksys Etherfast PCI LAN (disabled in editing profile)
            Rockwell v.90 PCI voicemodem (disabled in editing profile)

Using a profile with many of the PCI devices disabled is very useful. These new realtime cards hit the PCI bus hard so clearing out any unnecessary traffic helps keep things running smooth.

An ISA audio card (or a PCI with low bus utilization) also helps a lot.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by DrMordrid (edited 31 March 2000).]

Comment

I got one.

SwAmPy

Comment

My new RT2000 system is on its way - should arrive next week hopefully. Well its for college actually, and I've just left so other than setting it up I'm not going to get much time to use it. I'll let you all know if I have any problems configuring it.

On the positive side though I've just got a new job at a post production company looking after their SGI systems running Discreet's Inferno, Fire & Flame etc. These are seriously powerful machines - ie they handle film res clips uncompressed!

James

Comment

Elie, I like it, especially the RT part of it

The only part, which I am not that happy about is the Apple software that was bundled, but that can be corrected...

I have it in my primary system, which is:

OS, W98SE (somewhat stripped and tweaked)

Asus P2B-S (rev 1.03), bios 1010.
                  Intel P3-500
                  256MB PC100

Pri Master, 4.5GB Seagate (OS+Programs+misc.stuff)
                  Pri Slave, 15GB Maxtor (Video)
                  Sec. Master, 10GB IBM (Video)
                  Sec. Slave, 20GB Seagate (Video)
                  SCSI, 3x4.5GB Seagate (SwampFile+misc.stuff)
                  Promise FT33, 2x7.5GB Maxtor (Video)
                  SCSI, HP9210i CDRW
                  SCSI, Pioneer U16S CD

Slot configuration:
                  AGP Matrox G400 Flex
                  PCI4 Matrox Mill-2 PCI
                  PCI3 Promise FT33 (bios 103)
                  PCI2 Realtek RTL8029 NIC
                  PCI1 Matrox RT2000
                  ISA1 empty (shares backplane with PCI1)
                  ISA2 SoundBlaster AWE 32 PnP

Everything powered by a 300W FSP300-60GT, in and out of a full Tower case

Comment

hey c10

you in canada? wanna sell that 400tv? heh
                    ==
                    "In Japan, I was in a relationship for seven years and my boyfriend never once heard me pee." --Miho Ogawa, 29, a Japanese waitress living in New York / Giant Robot 24

Comment

I am currently using G400tv and am about to upgrade to a rt2000 in a few weeks.
                      I must say that I am looking out for more info on the Rt and it would be great to see info on this exellent site.

------------------
                      Pete R
                      Pete R

Comment

Hi Guys,

Looks like the list is growing

Pertti, Premiere takes some getting used to, Believe me after using MSP 5.2 for the longest time, switching to Premiere was a nightmare.
                        But once I got to learn all the features and shortcuts, I'm began to like it.

Actually the next NLE package I would REALLY like to try is Insyc Speed Raser, I heard good things about it.

Cheers,
                        Elie

Comment

Rei,

Sorry mate, I am the other side of the pond at good old england!!! But I probably will end up selling 400tv.
                          cheers
                          Pete R

Comment

I've got one! It's my first capture board and I feel like I'm on the autobahn.

Stew

Comment

I have an RT2000. It was a bit of a pain to set up, but overall I'm glad I made the purchase. Here's the setup:

Abit BF6 MOtherboard, 256k RAM, PIII 650

RT2000 (of course)

EWSMT88 16 channel sound card

Internal 8 gig Western Digital Caviar Drive (IDE)

Internal Plextor 40x CD-ROM

Internal Plextor 20x/8x CD Recorder

External 100 gig Medea Drive

Syncmaster 20gls (20" monitor)

Midiland 7100 surround sound speaker system

If you have a CDR, I HIGHLY recommend CDRESQ from Adaptec. It ROCKS!!

Comment

Working...
                              X