Nvidia to take it on the nose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvidia to take it on the nose?

Anyone else around here notice that Nvidia might be slipping? I guess I noticed it when the first reviews of the Kyro 2 came out, here was a card (well minus T&L,which still hasen't had a killer App for it yet..far as I've seen) that could out run a Geforce 2 Ultra for half the price. Fast Forward 6-8 months and we have the Radeon 8500 meeting or beating the Geforce3 TI in benchmarks, not to mention that theirs a really good possiblitly that we'll see a Next Gen card from Matrox by the end of the year. Theres even some talk of the infamous Vaporware video graphics company coming out with card by the end of the year (if it does we really know its the end of the world )..So it looks like Nvidia might be finally on the receving end of a faster video card from a couple different compedertors

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

More competition is always good!

Comment

If the Kyro II had good Linux drivers I'd probably already own one. But right now it's kind of slipping behind. Maybe I'll own a Kyro III. ATi? Maybe. For the price of an 8500, I'd better get great drivers. ATi has something to prove to me. I think I'm just about done waiting for the next Matrox card.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
      X