Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slot-1 to Tualatin Upgrade

Slot 1 to FC-PGA2 converter, w/ VRM.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Compatible:

Asus BH6 !?

Wow, that would be a trick

Chuck

PS realy an interesting product. thanks!
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Supports Abit BF6 Mmm!
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Interesting yes, it's maybe the only upgrade path that makes sense with the tualatin. (BX+Tualatin=very good performance)

But still...you can get an Athlon+MB for the same price as one 1,26GHz Tualatin.

Comment

Too bad the Tualatin are WAY overpriced....

(I saw a local price here of $540.00 CDN for the 1.2GHz,
          as opposed to $255.00 for the AMD at 1.2GHz.)

Comment

But there are a lot of people who (understandably) stick with intel for reliability reasons. It's not the CPU, it's the motherboards that are the big issue.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

"$255.00 for the AMD at 1.2GHz"

!?!?!? Where do you get your hardware? I can easily find a Athlon 1.4ghz at less than $200cdn.
              Primary system specs:
              Asus A7V266-E | AthlonXP 1700+ | Alpha Pal8045T | Radeon 8500 | 256mb Crucial DDR | Maxtor D740X 40gb | Ricoh 8/8/32 | Toshiba 16X DVD | 3Com 905C TX NIC | Hercules Fortissimo II | Antec SX635 | Win2k Pro

Comment

If you check their forums you will see that they may produce the VIA chipset compatible version but it will be more expensive. Its a shame to have to do away with an expensive MB because of a lack of upgrade support. I don't find this adapter too interesting for me yet since I now have my Gigger working in my P2B-S. I'm sure this setup will be great for others less fortunate as the CPU prices drop some in price.
                Last edited by xortam; 9 October 2001, 20:41.
                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Its the perfect thing to match my P3B with a Tually Cellery.

DJ

Comment

No luck using this kit on my buddy's P2B-LS. PowerLeap said that they were having compatibility problems with the P2B-XX MBs, except a dualed P2B-DS. Looks like he's going to have to figure out something else in order to improve on his P!!!/450 setup.

Comment

Here's a review on this kit.

Comment

Working...
                      X