wnad.exe ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wnad.exe ?????

hey everyone. I have of late, been getting errors in some of my internet apps, (outlook, Mech4, or whatever) and when I end task on the offender, I see, in the task list "wnad.exe" Often wnad.exe is hard to end task on as well. Also after a reboot, when I attempt to access the internet(or something does for me, such as ZoneAlarm), my system has problems. Also, I get a prompt from ZA asking me if I want to allow Wnad.exe to have acess to the internet.

What is going on here?? Should I allow this program to have acess to the net? What is it for?

I have checked for viruses, and it is negative so far. Also, I ran a tracert on the ip that Wnad.exe was attempting to reach, and it was 5 steps away, apparently part of my ISP (Shaw Cable)

Pls help, its driving me nuts. Thanx alot.
    AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

I am running Win98, IE6, Outlook, and Zone Alarm. I just did a search on my system and I dont have anything called "wnad".

I searched the internet and couldn't find any info on it either.

Check out everything that is opening when you boot up and see if there isn't one of those sneeky aps starting up that you didn't even know you had. (from the run bar type in "msconfig" without the "'s then go down to the start up tab.)

Untill then I wouldn't give it access to the web just in case.

*all views expressed are those of the poster and do not in any way reflect the views of MURC or it's sponsors.

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

sho-nuff its in there! I unchecked it, we will see how it goes.

Some more info: wnad.exe and its companion file, wnad.dat are in my c:\windows dir

just updated my virus scanner and still its neg. Always wants to acess the internet whenever I use anything that acesses the net.

thanx for the kindness.

Comment

Also, get Ad Aware from here: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

It gets rid of all the nasty evil programs (well, it leaves Windows intact :P)
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

you could try the "trojan defence suite" too, sometimes useful.

mfg
          wulfman
          "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
          "Lobsters?"
          "Really? I didn't know they did that."
          "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Try right clicking on it, go to Properties and select the version tab, if it's a ledgit program it should give you some info about who it's from and what it does.
            When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Spyware or a Trojan. I'd delete it just because.

- Gurm
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              If only life were as easy as you
              I would still get screwed

Comment

I tried what Taz said, only one page with no other tabs no real info cept dates and stuff.

Leaning towards what Gurm suggests. Have disabled it in selective startup. If no probs in a couple of days, will delete. Thanx again guys

Comment

Working...
                X