Motherboard woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motherboard woes

Can anyone help me? I have just bought an elitgroup K7s5a motherboard and 1.4 gig athon. When I tested the board for the first time I saw the bios screen appear green then dissappear within a few seconds. Since then I have been unable to view any thing on the monitor. When I power up I get a beep within about a second or so followed about 5 seconds later by 2 beeps in quick succession and a single beep. I have tried using both my Radeon and G400 cards to no avail.
    I think the keyboard is oK cus when I press CTRL-ALT-DEL the beeps repeat themselves.

regards MD
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Try resetting the BIOS by using the jumper to kill the power to the memory. Double-check the values of any jumpers on the motherboard. See if the motherboard has markings. MB manuals are frequently wrong.

If none of this works, don't hesitate to replace the board. 5-10% of motherboards are DOA. The longer you wait to return the board, the more likely your reseller is to blame you.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Try it with *only* your video card plugged in. Make sure you video card is seated in perfectly and your ram is too.

A similar thing happened to me (powered up...nothing), until I realized the video card was not inserted fully in the agp slot.

-EecheE
      --EecheE

Comment

Thanks chaps but tried all this. At the moment my motherboard is on an anti static bag on top of the case with just the bare essentials. Still not working. After looking on OCWorkbench it does appear that these boards are having video/boot problems!!! Several people have reported exactly the same problem as me. Looks like a case for mr RMA to me.

regards MD
        Interests include:
        Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Spoke to the people who I bought the Motherboard from and they want me to send it, the processor and my own Ram back to them for testing. If they find a fault then they will refund/replace. Does anyone think that this sucks.

regards MD
          Interests include:

Comment

Working...
          X