Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mechwarrior 4+Matrox G400 SH=Problem?

Hello to all,

I tried to play MW4, but I get an error message, which says I got the wrong driver. I tried the standard driver 6.51 and the so called certified 6.22.010, but the same message appeared. Installation was ok, but dxdiag says for both, the driver was not certified (DirectX8.0).

Can anyone tell, which driver works?

Thank you

You should get Helevitia's attention. He has MW4 working just fine.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I got MW4 working just fine, infact i just installed it again a couple of hours ago (finished it, and a few days ago i got MechCommander 2, so i could resist the urge to play it once more, inside the cockpit of a Vulture or MadCat).

And what do you mean, "Wrong drivers"? Could you post the EXACT error message you get? BTW, it doesnt matter if the driver is certified or not .... how did you install the drivers? Did you uninstall the previous driver, or did you just install the new ones on top of the old? If the latter, you need to uninstal the drivers (Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs), reboot, let Windows detect the card as a standard VGA, then install the drivers and reboot again ...

And welcome to the fori
      Last edited by omegaRED; 5 October 2001, 16:39.
      Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

Hello,
        of course I uninstalled the old driver. Everything except MW4 works fine. The error message is in german, it says that my hardware or a driver ist not compatible with MW4. I looked in the KnowledgeBase of Microsoft,tried the certiefied driver, but the same error appears. In dxdiag all is enabled (Direct3D, DirectDraw). Maybe any other device (Sound etc.) generates the error, but the error message doesn't say any specific.

My system:
        Athlon C 1GHz; 256 MB Kingston DDR-RAM; Advance 2941U2W-Adapter with IBM 39130LVD, TEAC 532S CD-ROM, IBM 34560 and HP9600si; Soundblaster 16 PCI; Hauppauge WinTVgo; SiS900 Netadapter.

Greetings Hjoe

Comment

So when you run the Autoconfigure program in MW4 startup menu, does it work correctly? ie, does it show that you will use the G400, can you alter the settings et al?

Is it a german version? Where exactly does the error appear ... i`m assuming you can install MW4 ... so have you tried the Autoconfigure program?

Comment

Hi. I play Mech4. Extensively. And exclusively on a G40032meg single head. No problems at all.

I suspect you have an international version, or a cracked version. Uninstall the whole game, delete any directories and files, clean out the registry(if you feel comfortable with that) and reboot, scandisk, defrag, reboot

then install again, full install. run autoconfig, setting it conservatively for now. This step should happen automatically, when you start the game for the first time. Go get latest patch http://www.mw4online.com/ its called MW4 update 2.0. Make sure that you have the correct version for your copy. There are several languages, and they are not compatible with the other languages.

from the run menu, run it. Be patient, it can take a bit to do its thing. Go get a drink. Run autoconfig again. Setting conservatively again for now. when it works, you can change them to suit your needs. I suggest don't do 32bit and keep some of the things off of ultra hight, sound to med. I have a pretty good system, and if I turn it up, it can slow down at an inoprtune time, if ya know what I mean.

If this does'nt help, remove all matrox drivers with the matrox uninstall utility, reboot and install as plain vga(like was stated by the other poster above) and install drivers again, and direct X again. But I suspect it is a patch issue, one of the international ones. Maybe the site that you got it from mislabeled it for your language when infact it wasnt?

Also, there are no cracks for 2.0 final as of yet, and you will not be able to patch or play online without 2.0. Go buy it, great game, and it is cheap now. Almost a year old. Best of luck.

btw I use powerdesk v.5.41 with the OGL ICD from latest ver. Still the fastest and no problems with anything at all. Others have had different results, but you could give it a try. For me it IS a good deal faster.
            AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Unfortunately I dont have it installed with a g400 so I can't help you out there. I have never gotten the error you mention but try reading the faqs here:

Dave
              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I just bought MW4. We'll see how the install goes for me.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Cool, glad you bought the game Let me know after you finish the single player campaign and feel like playing a little multiplayer. I can show you whats going on.

Dave
                  Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Hrm. It locks up as I go into the training mission...

Comment

Hello to all,

and thanks for your answers. Here's more information about the problem:

I bought a german version of the game, installation runs properly. When I hit the Play-Button, the Configuration Window appears, the usage of G400 is diplayed. I didn't do any alterations in the Configfile. When I prees the Next-Button, a window with a black client area appears for a few seconds, disappers, and the error message is displayed.

Maybe it's a problem with the Intro, VideoCodec or something like that. I tried to change some of the Config-Parameter, maybe this works. Hope it will work, because I owned all the older MW-Games and like them very much.

Greetings Hjoe

Comment

I was at microsoft.com earlier today looking at MW4 error messages. There was one about black screens and languages. You might want to follow up.

My machine seems to be running happier.

I upgraded my Matrox drivers from 6.2x to 6.7x

Also, I noticed that I get a black screen lockup unless I:
                        1) Run the auto-configure
                        2) reboot
                        3) run mw4

Comment

Hello to all,

I got it! It was really simple, all I had to do was switching the color depth of the display form 24bit to 16bit.

If found the solutiuon in the english Microsoft Knowledge Base, in the german translation of the article the this information is missing.

Thank you all for your answers

Greetings Hjoe

Comment

Woohoo! Good to hear. Fight honorably MechWarrior!
                            AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Hehe ... why dont we think of the simple things first? Load up your Gauss Rifles and pound `em hard!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X