G450 e-tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450 e-tv

iwould like to ask a favour please.. i live in "pal" land, i`m thinking of upgrading my aging g200, to a g450 e tv. in view of people reporting flickering picture etc, i wonder if people who have this card & the problem please post their setups , motherboards etc. i have an abit bx133raid and i realise i have to upgrade my processor from 500 celeron to plll ighz . any help appreciated
    thank you

peter.......

Hello Peterlee,

I have some bad news for you, I'm afraid :

My G450 is linked to cable-tv here in Belgium, and all I can say is that about half of all the channels have snow or interference, so I'm NOT impressed with the TV-reception qualities of it's tuner.

Furthermore, you CAN'T change the frequencies manually. You CAN perform a semi-automated frequency scan, but this didn't change a bit for my system : channels that were bad before stayed bad afterwards.

I have a 1.5 GHz Thunderbird (AMD) on an Aopen motherboard, with 512 MB of RAM. I guess you can't buy much faster nowadays

Comment

Hi Peterlee,

I have the dreaded problem with my set up -
      Asus A7V, TB1gig, SB Live.
      From what I've read the problem can exist on many setups, not just VIA/AMD.
      If I were you I'd hang to your cash and see if new drivers sort the problem. I bought my 450eTV in May and have been moaning about the problem to Matrox ever since - 6 months down the line I am no closer to a solution.

Regards

JJ

PS tuning in the TV (at least in North Yorkshire) is difficult to say the least - again Matrox say this will be fixed at some time in the future.

Comment

Here in germany i have NO problems with the card, i just love it.

Abit KT7A mobo, 1,2 gig athlon

everything works great

Comment

Topha,

Wow, have you no problems with DVD through PAL TV out? Even Matrox admit to the problem (on the driver readme file - not on the box!). What sound card have you got? Did the tuner auto detect as it should?

JJ

Comment

Working...
          X