hypertext links question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hypertext links question

Just a stupid question here...why does hypertext links in outlook or even some web based mail systems when they have to goto a second line no longer have the blue line under them? You have to wind up copying and pasting instead of clicking on them to make them work...Is it a formating problem or something? I have no clue how HTML or the like works...

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

I'd suspect a line brake was injected into the link thus causing the URL to be clipped off rendering the ending seperate and without the tags that would show it is indeed a url

Othrwise I have absolutely no idea, but it sounds good!
    Last edited by Greebe; 5 October 2001, 07:55.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I would guess that you're correct Greebe. I don't know how Word-Wrap works, but it's plausible that it just inserts a break and continues on the next line. It probably depends on the app as well.

amish
      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

yup what greebe said - i think
        Dan
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Crappy e-mail programs ... sung to the tune of "Allentown" by Billy Joel.

"Well we're using crap e-mail programs...
          They're a lot like Russian Jew pogroms...
          They force you to read crappy mail, whoa oh oh oh, whoa oh oh!
          We're using crappy e-mail apps..."

etc. etc.

If you use a crappy e-mail app, such as Nutscrape, or anything with the word "Lite" or "Express" in it... you get this sort of thing.

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

I'm a pine user myself, but I remember a quote about mutt. "All e-mail apps suck, this one just sucks less than the rest."
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
            X