Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to capture sequence vidcap32

Hi ,

I am facing a peculiar problem while capturing video sequence using vidcap32. I have a VHS tape recorded from an Agilent Ultrasound System. The signal strength from the ultrasound system is below the expected standard.

- Captured a 30 mts sequence from Ultrasound system and recored using VCR.
    - Signal Standard is PAL and used composite BNC connection to record.
    - My computer is PIII with 256 MB Ram, 20 GB HDD (UDMA) with Marvel G450 etv.
    - Video tools version is 2.02
    - The VCR video out is connected to 450’s composite IN.
    - When I tried capturing video sequence through PC-VCR, no issues. AVI is created perfectly.
    - If the same process is followed vidcap32.exe an error message is popped up “Cannot capture Video, Video source is unstable or video standard is not correctly set”.
    - The video is clearly seen on the screen. No flicker & distortion on vidcap32.
    - Tried different video size leads to unsuccessful attempts.
    - In the same forum some body suggested macrovision patch. I also tried a macrovision patch for Video Tools 2.02, unsuccessful attempt. The same error popups up.

You can wonder why I need vidcap32 if it works fine with PC-VCR. We have an ultrasound management system. It captures images directly from ultrasound system & from offline videocassette. This software used vfw same as vidcap32.

I there any way to capture the without the error message.

Thankyou in advance
    with regards
    Ravindran Padmanabhan
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Team Leader, Ultrasound operations
    Manmar Tech Ltd.
Working...
X