MSPro 6.5: Cool3D 3 project file importation bug in Win9x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSPro 6.5: Cool3D 3 project file importation bug in Win9x

This advisory is being posted with Uleads consent.

One of the handy new features of MediaStudio Pro 6.5 is its ability to use Cool3D 3.0 and Cool3D 3.5 project files on the timeline without rendering them to *.avi's first.

This feature works perfectly in Windows2000 and WindowsXP, but an inconsistant problem has cropped up in Windows 9x (and perhaps Windows ME as well, although I have not tested this OS myself).

Many Windows 9x installations will work properly while others will not be be able to import Cool3D 3.0/3.5 project files at all. The problem installations will display a "file format" error when the files are loaded.

Ulead is aware of this problem and a fix has been produced. It is currently being tested and so far it works. It also does not appear to introduce any new problems. Even so a longer evaluation is necessary before it's turned loose on the world.

This testing process should not take long and when it is approved for public consumption Ulead will publish a discription of the problem and the fix to their websites. This information will be located on the MediaStudio Pro FAQ page.

Yes, you read the second paragraph right. Cool3D 3.5 is coming. I don't have a firm date yet, but it shouldn't be too long. It's quite nice, is faster to work with than previous builds and it includes expanded Flash support.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Cool 3D 3.5?!?!?

Do tell, do tell!

Very "cool" product that makes some impressive titles for presentations, web, and video (yep, I like it for titles).

Thanks

Comment

I'll post separately on that so everyone has a shot at seeing it.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
      X