Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O/T: firewire/videochat- vfw-wdm wrappers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O/T: firewire/videochat- vfw-wdm wrappers?

Hi Folks,

I decided to pick up a Pyro DVBasic card last week so that I could use it to capture from a Sony Digital8 cam. It works beautifully with mspro, premiere and videostudio. Then, I decided that it'd be great to use this setup for videoconferencing/chat.

Starting up any of the videochat apps (for example, ivisit), it gives an invalid video format error something along the lines of 'cannot display the non-rgb image'. I couldn't find any way to switch the video format to rgb 160x120.

A little sniffing around reveals that the problem is apparently due to the DV format itself....WDM. I've read a little about vfw-wdm wrappers and (if my understanding is correct) that they could solve this problem. M$haft is saying that they'll release something to handle this but nada as of yet.

Does anyone know about this stuff? Could anyone point me to where I might find one of these wrappers? I found one but it seems to be vfw>wdm not the other way around. Do any of you know another solution to 'funsoul's being a dork and wants to use firewire for videochat as opposed to simply using the svhs connector' issue? heehee

Thanks for your patience!
    -funsoul
    mmedia pc: 2x2.4/533 xeons@3.337ghz, asus pc-dl, 2g pc3500 ddram, 27g primary, 2x120 WD's, promise fastrack100, matrox g400-tv, hercules soundcard Server box: p4 1.4GHz, asus p4t, 1g ecc rdram, 27.3g primary, 3x80g maxtors, promise fastrack66, radeon ve, soundblaster Beat box: p3 500, asus p3bf6, 1024meg pc100, 45g primary, 3x45g maxtors, soundblaster, radeon ve, dazzle vcII
Working...
X