Best MB/Chipset/SoundCard for DVDMax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best MB/Chipset/SoundCard for DVDMax

What in Your experience is the best MB(Chipset) + SoundCard + OS for smooth and problem-free (no choppyness) DVDMax usage.

Share Your experinece

I haven't really looked into this, but maybe the bus hogging of the sblive has negative influence on the behaviour of the dropping of frames with the G400/G450 on tv-out with PAL ? (which should be fixed with the latest drivers?). If so, maybe a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz/Videologic Sonic Fury will help?

I'm quite interested in this, since if it will help, I will definately get the Sonic Fury (I've been looking for a good opportunity to dump my sblive! for ages already ).

Of course I think the best thing to do is to ask 'a little birdy' on which combination they couldn't reproduce the dropped frames on PAL output bug at all

Comment

Do it and sing to us too

Comment

Hi,

I have no problems with the IWill KK266-R and FIC AZ-11 when used with the G400-TV. Both boards use VIA chipests. The soundcard in use is the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz.

On the other hand, the G550 has its share of DVDMax problems. They have been identified by Matrox as a driver issue.

Comment

Of course you have no problems. But the reason is not your soundcard but the fact that you're living in the USA - thus using NTSC.

This "stutter" problem seems to only appear on PAL systems.
          But we named the *dog* Indiana...
          My System
          2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
          German ATI-forum

Comment

Working...
          X