Fasttrak33 with Win2K?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fasttrak33 with Win2K?

Does anyone has a Fasttrak33 running on Win2K? The Promise website has no mention of drivers for it, although I did see something on a newsgroup about using the Fasttrak66 drivers instead. What's the scoop?

Just use the drivers for FastTrack 66 (it's not written, but the driver is for both 33 and 66 version, the 33 version still has some problem) they works fine, but i think is not possible to boot W2000 from the raid (is written somewhere in the Promise web pages, i did not check that).
    It's simple, when you install the system, he find your controller like an ide controller. Select that in device manager and update the driver with the FT66 drivers and you are done!
    Ciao

Comment

Thanks for the info Tommy, it worked for me.
      I always thought Promise was still working on FT33 drivers for Win2k.

Cheers,
      Elie

Comment

I have also a Fast-Trak 33. I want to upgrade it with a pair of big new hard disks, 30 Gb or more. But I think there is a BIOS limit. It's true?

Comment

Well I ordered the new bios for the FT33 from Promise version 1.08 and it's supposed to support up to 128 gig under win98.
          My raid so far is 60 gig working like a charm in both Win98 and Win2K.

Hey Doc, am I correct on this?

Regards,
          Elie

Comment

Working...
          X