New Matrox BIOS for G200 - 450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Matrox BIOS for G200 - 450

Matrox has released a new BIOS for the G200, G400 & G450 Series of Graphics Cards. Here's the noyes to the BIOS Utility;

Matrox Setup & Utilities (v.2.51.002)
    Supports G550, G450, G400 & G200 series
    Download now, Dated 3rd October in case you're not sure what you're looking for. Over in Equifax our Training systems still actually use G200 Graphics Cards.
    http://matrox.com/mga/support/drivers/bios/home2.cfm
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

This BIOS pack have new bios version only for G550!
    G200/G400/G450 bios is the same of 2.08 pack!
    ATHLON XP 2600; Abit KX7-333Raid; 1GB SDRAM DDR PC-3200 Corsair XMS; Matrox Parhelia AGP 256; HITACHI 7K250 250GB; HITACHI 120GXP 120GB; HITACHI 120GXP 60GB; Sound Blaster Audigy 2; Plextor DVDRW PX-716A; Plextor CDRW Premium

Comment

Does it fix EMBM???
      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

If you are refering to EMBM on the G550, nope. That's the way the card is sadly enough.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

eh?

run that passed me again please,... is there some kind of problem with the G550 and EMBM?.

Colin
          You wanna piece of me? here, *crunch*, o.k. not _that_ bit.

Comment

Yep. The short explanation is "it looks like crap".

They changed the implementation with the G550. It looks worse AND it's slower.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Sjees.. Sounds not too good for an upcoming card. They already ripped the hardware smoothing for the second head on the G450, the 2D speed of the G450 is sub-par with other cards on high resolutions (dunno about the G550 on this actually) and now this

It seems it's a matter of time they get rid of hardware overlay, hardware zoom, and hell, even the entire 3D part, because it can be done in software.

My next graphics card will be a Matrox, IF they keep it in the spirit of the G400, namely "hardware is gooood". I'll be happy to pay €10 extra for an feature that uses real hardware to get it done instead of some CPU-intensive software.

[edit]
              Yah I know, they do sell more cards to OEM than everything else. We'll simpel solution: make a great card for the professionals/enthausists and let them spread the good word. Then make a cheaper version of the card(less hardware, more software) for the OEM market. Seems easy enough to me..[/edit]
              Last edited by Randy Simons; 7 October 2001, 15:04.

Comment

Re: eh?

Originally posted by Colin Morey
                run that passed me again please,... is there some kind of problem with the G550 and EMBM?.

Colin

and scroll down to where they posted according screenshots from Battle Zone II and 3D Mark 2001 ...

In reality it looks even worse, cos those pictures are somewhat 'softened' by use of JPEG compression.
                Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                LG BH10LS38
                LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Even from those pictures I'd say the game would look much better without EMBM than with THIS EMBM...

It's really a shame that Matrox consequently destroys everything they've been strong: beginning with the crippled in many ways second head on the G450 (thus seriously crippling the advantage over the competition they had with dualhead) over the choppy PAL DVDMax problem (DVDMax would otherwise be another advantage over the competitiors products) and the according to some worse 2D quality of the G450 and G550 up to the non-functional EMBM (another technology once exclusive to Matrox) of the G550.

When will they start buying the same RAMDACs and RF filters Asus are using to fully destroy even their "last resort", the 2D nimbus?
                  Last edited by Indiana; 8 October 2001, 11:44.
                  But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                  My System
                  2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                  German ATI-forum

Comment

For any company to start buying the same ramdac's and filters they will have to get it from Matrox... or reverse engineer Matrox's chip (it's integrated, Doh!
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Actually, I meant Matrox using Asus' components and not vice versa... since Matrox seem to like everything that's cheap in the last few months- OEM ruleZ
                      Last edited by Indiana; 8 October 2001, 13:09.
                      But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                      My System
                      2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                      German ATI-forum

Comment

Did you know?

Originally posted by Indiana
                        since Matrox seem to like everything that's cheap in the last few months
                        This is why Matrox integrates everything (ramdacs, TVO things, etc...) into the G450/G550 core, and not using 3rd party things...

Comment

atko, that's the flipside of the coin... they integrate because it's cheaper to do and requires less PCB space which lowers cost further.

It always boils down to how inexpensively can we make this

Comment

... not to mention that tighter integration increases product reliability, decreases power consumption, etc.
                            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                              they integrate because it's cheaper to do and requires less PCB space which lowers cost further.
                              Yeeeesss... But that's what I wanted to say...

Comment

Working...
                              X