19" monitor recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19" monitor recommendation

OK, my friend is looking for a new 19" monitor to replace his dying 17" monitor (which sucked anyway). He is going to be doing a lot of graphics work (Photoshop and stuff) and the "usual" stuff (e.g. word processing and browsing). He needs a monitor that is sharp with accurate colors. It should be able to at least do 1280x960@85hz. So, any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

edit: Forgot to mention, it should be $500 or less.
    Last edited by Liquid Snake; 2 October 2001, 20:11.

SONY, Sony, Sony, Sony, Sony, Sony, Sony, Sony, Sony, Sony, Sony, Sony, Sony, Sony, Sony, Sony, Sony.....

Did I mention SONY.....LOL

Paul
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

LG Flatron 915+ beats the Sonys in every area and is cheaper!
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Dont buy Mitsubishi plus 91's.
        I have had 2 of these (my current one is back with them being calibrated). Their colour vibrancy is so good that it just slaps you in the face, especially when connected to a G400. Unfortunately I have not been totally impressed with the quality of text. Its ok in the centre but the corners are slightly out of focus. Excellent for Gamers though.

MD
        Last edited by mdhome; 3 October 2001, 00:59.
        Interests include:
        Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

I've heard cornerstone Montiors are supposed to be pretty good. I'm looking at getting a 21incher from them in the future....

Scott
          Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I'm a fan of Iiyma myself - I've a 17" Visionmaster Pro that I'm very very impressed with.
            Using the fine adjustments on the G400 drivers, I can get 1600x1024 at 90hz, rock stable and sharp as a razor.
            Maxed out is something like 2048x1600 at 60hz, which you can read if you have a good enough magnifying glass
            Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

I've been impressed with the KDS AV-195tf Trinitron.

amish
              Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Sony

Regards.
                Primary desktop:
                Dell Dimension 4100|P3-733Mhz|512MB Crucial PC133 CL3|ATI Firegl 8700 64MB|SBLIVE|3Com 3C905c|Adaptec 2906|Quantum 40G|FUJITSU 1.3G MO|Iomega 16x10x40x|MGE 480VA UPS|Philips 200P3M|XPPro
                Secondary desktop:
                Generic P3-733Mhz|512MB Crucial PC133 CL3|Matrox G400 32MB DH|SigmaTel audio(build-in)|2 x 3Com 3C9980B|Adaptec 2940UW|Quantum 15G|MGE 500VA UPS|Sony G500|W2K

Comment

I like my Sony. But I think my next monitor just might be a cornerstone.

Price, size, quality: Pick any two. $500 is right around where you can get a good 19" these days.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I have a 17'' Sony G400 which I picked up for under £300 (I think)
                    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Another vote for Sony. I've recently owned the 200GS and G200. Currently I own a G400.

Comment

Paddy, The G400 is 19". Did you mean the G2xx series?

I don't know why my sig isn't showing up, but I have a G420. Nice monitor. Cost me $520. Had to RMA back the first <B>4</B>, but it looked like warehouse damage (magnetic exposure), not Sony.
                        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Have him get a Cornerstone p1460

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

SONY SONY SONY

G-400 or even better F-400 http://www.ita.sel.sony.com/products...s/gdmf400.html
                            But that is $999.99
                            Best regards
                            Tor

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
                            Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Iiyama.

I bet they're hard to beat on a price/performance ratio - it's even hard to beat them quality-wise, but surely not at that price (I don't know those Cornerstones, though).
                              But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                              My System
                              2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                              German ATI-forum

Comment

Working...
                              X