CPU temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU temperature

What is considered to be a normal safe temperature zone for an Intel 1 GHz CPU. I have reach 65 C according to my I-panel, but normally it’s around 48 C

Best regards, Tor
    Best regards
    Tor

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
    Arthur C. Clarke

That depends on the ambient room temperature, case ventilation and HS/fan thermal performance.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Well, here in Norway it’s usually COLD.. And the room temperature is seldom above 23 C.. It just takes minutes for the CPU temperature to reach it’s “normal?” state after a heavy work load…
      Best regards
      Tor

Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Well if it's that cold are you sure there is a HS properly connected or for that matter a HS on it in the first place?!
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Yes, I have a HS fan on the cpu, and a large heatsink too.
          Is this temperature way to much? ( i guess its like 150 Fahrenheit )
          Best regards
          Tor

Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

I'm running a Celeron 850 at 1054 (124 MHz FSB) with 1.75 volts. Heatsink is an Alpha PAL6035 with the high-speed Delta fan. Motherboard is an Asus CUBX, and I'm using Asus Probe to measure with. Idling without ACPI or any CPU cooling software it's running at about 39c (102f) with a case temp of 28c (82f). At maximum load it's up to 47c (116f). The room temperature is about 75f.

Comment

OK try this then... it's like (let me do my conversions) 26.7c (80f) indoor ambient at the moment, the Athlon500@850 is 40 c (104f) case open.

Now the cpu is running with an core voltage of 1.90vdc which equates to 85.4 watts. akin to a stock Athlon Tbird 1.4gHz.

These cpu's consume much greater current and thus produce greater heat than any P3

If you supply me with the specific freq/type and core voltage I'll let you know what should be nominal for it (assuming proper case cooling) assuming the ambient room temp is 23c

Comment

Thanks for your effort to help me.

I have not OC my CPU so i run it at 1000 Mhz and the core is 1.75 Volts (i Guess). The cpu is the new Socket FCPGA with a 133 Mhz FSB.
                Best regards
                Tor

Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

If it's a P3 copermine, the power consumption is ~30 watts with an ambient case temp of lets say 27c, which is nominal for a room ambient of 23. The HS is exhiibting a C/W rating of ~0.70 when the cpu temp is 48c. But when you consider the extreme (which actually draws the aforementioned current) we have a major thermal issue.

Can you measure the case ambient temp and actual room temp please... need more specific operating temps.

(I may have to catch back up with you in the morn... turning into a jelly donut at the moment... very thought provoking day)

Comment

Something is NOT right there. Like Greebe said the heatsink may not be seated on the processor properly. Or the ASUS I-Pannel is not recording the Temp correctly.

What does your BIOS show for the processor Temp?????

Even with the retail Intel heatsink your temp should not get above 45- 50 degC...

I'm suprised your system is not locking up which means the I-Pannel is probably not showing the real Temp.

Paul
                    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Try using MotherBoard Monitor to read the cpu temp (if your MB supports it).

Comment

Thanks for your replies.
                        I tried the program and it did not work. I tried to look in the BIOS and the temperature reading was the same as with my I-panel.

I found this site witch I guess many of you guys and gals? Will find interesting. http://users.erols.com/chare/elec.htm

According to this site the heat dissipation is around 30 W and maximum safe temperature is 75 C?

Also, if you haven’t seen this video does! http://www12.tomshardware.com/images...PU_Cooling.zip
                        The P3 is supposed to have some sort heat protection that freezes the cpu wjem it reaches a certain temperature.

Maybe it’s normal to have such large temperature?

Greebe – My case Temperature is right now 34 C and CPU 51 C and room Temperature is 20 C.

I just spoke with the company that I bought the computer from and they say that a normal temperature zone is between 40 – 60 C..

What is correct here. Now I am more confused than ever…

Best regards, Tor.
                        Best regards
                        Tor

Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Sounds like your problem isn't neccessarily the HS/fan but case ventilation.

BTW is that case ambient or chipset temp?

Comment

I use the I-panel from Asus. I get the same readings on the I-panel as I do when I see the temperature in BIOS.
                            I do not have any external measurements other than the ones built in the motherboard. Maybe they are not so accurate?

The “case” temperature is actually the temperature of the motherboard, so the case temperature is probably lower.

Most of you think it’s too much but is the temperature within the specification?

I also happens to have a Gefart 3 card and it produces probably as much heat as the cpu or at least some heat. Maybe that is the sinner..
                            Before you start jumping me read this - http://forums.murc.ws/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28114

Best regards, Tor
                            Best regards
                            Tor

Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

is your heatsink dusty. if so try cleaning the dust off as i had a temperature problem which was in the end caused by dust insulating the heatsink causing the cpu to overheat
                              is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
                              Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Working...
                              X