Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RRG with Premier 6.0

Dear all,

I am still using the Matrox Rainbow Runner with G200 for my editing mahcine. Recently, I want to upgrade my Premier 5.1c to Premier 6.01. Does the card compatible with Premier 6.01???

As compatable as Premiere can be with anything

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Question again

Thx for the reply.

I saw that you are using the IDE RAID. How much different between not using RAID and using RAID?

Comment

For plain-Jane DV editing RAID's major advantage that it can provide huge condiguous storage, well beyond the largest single drive.

The array on this system, for example, is 240 gigs and consists of four 60 gig drives. With the new 160g drives coming out it'll be able to handle a 640g array when I decide to upgrade. Handy if you're working on multiple projects.

For those of us who also do animation or use YUV analog captures for special effects it provides the necessary throughput to capture or play video at high data rates (20-40 mb/s) plus some overkill.

I prefer hardware RAID over software because I want my arrays to be available from several OS's, some of which do not support software RAID. I've also found hardware RAID's more stable.

Dr. Mordrid
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 2 October 2001, 06:17.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
        X