Matrox 400Max w/Win 2000 ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox 400Max w/Win 2000 ?????

For three weeks solid I have been trying to get the dual head to work on my new upgrade. I have read every msg in re of the problems, close buy no cigar.

KT7A/KT7A-Raid w/AMD 1400 (Bios is set at 1300/100 as this is the only speed the matrox will respond to)
    The mother board and the martox all have the latest bios.
    The Matrox driver is the lates 5.3 something.

Sound Card creative w/daughterboard
    and my network card is a 3 com.

I have started with a fresh format of win 2000 Pro and just the matrox card and then installed the other cards one at a time.

The ram chips are 256/133 (3 ea) which I installed one at a time for failures.
    In all I have done it all and I really could use some help on this one.
    The displays are NEC E700 2 ea and I get a stretched screen on bothe of them. I can not get a 1 and 2 monitor in the setup. I tood the card out and put it into my 450AMD machine as it works perfect. Please help. Thank you

What BIOS ver? (Video cards not mobos)!

BTW change that mobo and it will save you lots of trouble! Last week we had 5 ABITS come back all with blown caps! And guess what ABIT ABIT no longer replaises mobos with blown caps even if they are under waranty!!! Luvcy for us we have not sold a singel ABIT for almost a year now!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

What Motherboard do your recommend? have a feeling that this is the problem. Checkin the Bios on V card

Comment

I agree. Stay away from Abit products. They have lousy quality control. The boards they send to reviewers usually do quite well, but anybody can hand-pick boards when it "matters."

My favorite MB company: Epox. Quality stuff, good features and layout, nice performance.

How big is the power supply in your system? I think the first problem to solve is why your CPU won't run at its rated speed.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

My sys is a home brew and uses a 400 Watt power supply. Two CD (TDK RW-R) and a 50 spped reader. 40 HD, Zip drive disconected. Floppy. Trying to make most of these units dockable which weems to work ok. Yes I was looking at the Epox. I just want a good stable board that I can do fast graphics on. Note I am not overclocked but was probably understood at the speed I am running. Hey thanks for the help I really need it. Rick

Comment

Not a bad board

Firstly the board is not bad, as it was mine originally. Secondly it seems to be an issue of either the matrox G400MAX, the Drivers which by the way Questionable1 are the 5.71 series as I actually did get them to work, or it is an issue of abits bios which is the 3R, also reflashed for accuracy. Me and Questionable1 have worked furiously on this. I have also put the latest matrox bios on the card. Please no offense intended but dont claim the board as it ran my 1333 stable for over a month before my upgrade to:

KG7-R
            512 CAS2.5 Micron DDR
            affrey 50x cdrom
            panasonic 8x4x32
            40 ibm ata100
            30 ibm ata100
            MSI GeForce2 mx-400
            3C905C-tx
            SB LIVE Value
            1333 266FSB
            GlobalWin WBK38
            HEI 350watt PS

Comment

Re: Not a bad board

Originally posted by slipster5
              Firstly the board is not bad, as it was mine originally.
              2 things!
              [list=1][*]No one has said you old him a faulty MOBO![*]All ABIT MOBOS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/list=1]

I don't know exactly how many ABIT MOBOs I have changed becouse of the caps have expoded I lost count after 50!
              According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Abit kt7a 133 Raids are very unstable. The annoying thing about them they can run for weeks then have a fit. A new bios has come out so it's worth giving that a try. Since it won't run at 1400 you've already answered the question about stability. Try the latest bios and slower memory settings disable acpi to make thesystemmore stable for your sblive.
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The MoB bios was install 10 days ago, is there one out that is more recent?

Comment

Time goes very quickly at times what version was it you installed?
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I've got a KT7A raid together with a G400MAX and i don't have a single problem with Dualhead . Maybe your card is only capable off AGP 1X or 2X, check if this is correctly set in your bios and maybe you have to disable Fast Write Supported.

My system is running rock stable I don't have a single problem with this mobo. I also use bios version KT7_3R.

F.Y.I. There is a new bios out: 4A

abit, at7, bd7, bd7-raid, bd7m, be6, be6-ii, bf6, bg7, bh6, bl7, bl7-raid, bp6, bw7, bw7-raid, bx6 2.0, bx6, bx133-raid, it7, ka7, ka7-100, kt7, kt7-raid, kt7a, kt7a-raid, kt7e, kg7, kg7-lite, kg7-raid, kr7a, kr7a-raid, kr7a-133. kr7a-133r, lx6, sa6, sa6r, sd7-533, se6, sh6, sl6, st6, st6e, sx7, th7, th7-ii, va6, vh6, vh6t, vp6, vt6x4, zm6, au10, siluro, Hot Rod 66, Hot Rod 100, motherboard, mainboard, hardware, FAQ, BIOS, Celeron, Pentium, Athlon, Duron

Release information:

1. Support AMD 1.4GHz(133)CPU.
                      2. HPT 370 RAID BIOS version 1.11.0402.
                      3. BIOS compile date: 08/24/2001.
                      Last edited by KeiFront; 3 October 2001, 01:43.
                      Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                      Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                      Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Thanx

Hey KeiFront thanx 4 the post maybe this will help me & ?able1 stablize system @ 1400/133 will keep all updated, also can you folks possibly tell us how to get non stretched screen (ie: true dual monitor)!?

Comment

Just install the drivers with the setup.exe file that is provided instead of the inf-file. The setup will give you an option to install true dualhead support. This only applies for win2k. With win98 you can install the drivers with the inf-file or with the setup.exe.
                          Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                          Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                          Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

NO GO ON 4A

HEy folks just installed 4A bios and now only video is in safe mode 1400/133, 1333/133, 1200 and above, and even 1200/100 PPLLEEAASSEE HHEELLP GGOOIINNGG NNUUTTSS - short drive. system seems to be having issues during drive load screen whera as it locks on certain files for prolonged periods of time, as freezes during tcp/ip exchanges ie: e-mail and internet. Flashing system back to 3R.

Comment

Sounds like you've got a classsic case of shitty abit via chipset solution. Anyway did you clear the bios after re-installing? Alos put you memeory back to the slowest settings you can play with these later. Run memory at 100 mhz to get started. Follow the instructions with the bios for soundblaster card I can't remember the setting so my head. My abit is packed up in a box. Your problem also could be acpi releated but you'll need a modded bios to disable this.
                              Also could you post your full spec and irq listings and which card is in which slot.
                              Oh can you post your bios settings it's going to be long winded but it's the only way.
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X