Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharon Stone has a stroke!!

Jezzzz.......who would have thought.

Apparently she blew a small aneurysm (small congenital sac hanging off one of the cerbral arteries). About 12% of the population are born with congenital aneurysms, but only few percent of those actually end up having a problem.

Serious life tip guys:

Take those sudden headaches behind the eyes seriously, especially if your vision is affected. Aneurisms are very often located right next to an optic nerve or the junction of them.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

SAN FRANCISCO, California (AP) -- Sharon Stone was under observation at a hospital on Monday after suffering what appears to have been a brain aneurysm. The 43-year-old actress was hospitalized Saturday for bleeding on the brain, according to her publicist, Cindi Berger.

Stone's husband, San Francisco Chronicle executive editor Phil Bronstein, took her to a hospital emergency room because she was suffering severe head pain.

An angiogram showed the likely cause was a tiny aneurysm that required no treatment. Berger said Stone, who was resting comfortably, probably will remain hospitalized the rest of the week.

"I spoke to her and she sounded great," Berger said.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

A friend of mine (in NC) mother had an aneurysm and died instantly. She was a long time suffer of headaches.

Do heed the warning.
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Yup, and they stick out like a sore thumb on an MRI or CT. IF I had those kinds of persistant symptoms I'd bug the hell out of my Dr., even to the point of shelling out the bux myself. Then if it came back positive I'd sue the bastards for a refund

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

nah...

My headache's are centered in the head and feels like im been speared through the brain...

ant they are also rather infrequent.... (as in one in a couple of months)
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I get a headache every sunday morning. But that could be the beer.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I'd like to give her a couple of "strokes".

amish
              Last edited by Electric Amish; 2 October 2001, 14:54.
              Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

BWHAHAHA!!!!!
                "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Oh my.

I always feel bad when someone about my age has a medical problem like this. It puts the fear of God into you.

But thanks to you guys, I can only think about stroking Ms. Stone. And that scene from Basic Instinct.

You remember the one.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                  X